Incubator cover?

(11 Posts)
FifiRebel Sat 28-May-16 05:03:06

Hi all

My baby was born by EMCS on Wednesday at 30+6. He is in NICU and doing well.

I feel so helpless and want to make his space nice for him. I've noticed some of the other babies have nice blankets on their incubators. Does anyone know where I can buy a personalised one for him?

Thanks v much

runawaysimba Sat 28-May-16 05:30:16

Fifi, congratulations flowers
I can't help with the blanket, but wanted to bump it for you. DD was born at 31 weeks and wasn't in an incubator for long - my sister gave me a wee stuffed toy that I cuddled so it would smell like me and tucked that in the corner of it. No idea if it really smelled like me but it made me feel like she had a little bit of me with her when I wasn't there.

FifiRebel Sat 28-May-16 06:47:11

Thank you simba smile I wasn't really sure where to post this. I've put a little elephant in his incubator that I slept with in the days leading up to his arrival - like you say, not sure it really makes a difference but makes me feel better X

toopeoply Sun 29-May-16 19:22:38

I had a beautiful one made for my baby. It was personalised. I found her on etsy. It was a lady called Anne, she was really kind. I know on her ad she had a picture of my babies incubator on it. I can't remember what her shop is called but I could try find it if you like?

toopeoply Sun 29-May-16 19:23:36

This is it

FifiRebel Sun 29-May-16 20:10:54

That is gorgeous! It would be great if you could find her smile I'll browse etsy too

lljkk Sun 29-May-16 20:36:34

There are patterns for incubator covers on the Project LInus website. Quilts.

The PL volunteers make items to request but it wouldn't be finished quickly (would take me 40+ hours), so you could simply ask if your hospital has any Project LInus partners with something suitable almost done right now.

Good luck smile

toopeoply Sun 29-May-16 20:39:28

Her shop is called Anneatmemories . She made it in a couple of days. It was about 45 quid. She was really lovely.

lljkk Sun 29-May-16 20:39:39

I tell a lie... if I had the (big sheets of suitable) fabric & wadding handy I think I could knock one of those simple patterns out into a quilt in 8 hours or so. I think knitting would take longer.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Sun 29-May-16 20:40:24

Just wanted to say congratulations!flowers I had a 32 weeker and now he's 6ft with size 11 feetshockgrin

lljkk Sun 29-May-16 20:40:30

... or even, if you bought a suitable child's duvet cover, cut it down to size, then stuff wadding in, sew up the ends, and quilt it, that could be under 4 hrs with very simple quilting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now