teething prem with a tiny mouth! any advice?

(4 Posts)
HappyHeart87 Mon 04-Jan-16 19:06:25

My DD is 4 months corrected (she was born at the start of May at 23 weeks) and is about 9.5lb now. She's starting to teethe (I think) and I'm struggling to help her because her little mouth is too small to get round her teething rings / Sophie the giraffe etc. Any advice RE chewing toys that have worked for other micros?

xx

minipie Thu 07-Jan-16 21:59:42

You could have a look at the Razberry, both my DDs loved it... it's a bit bigger than a dummy. DD2 loved chewing on fabric knots (like the ones on this toy so you could try something similar?

Picklesauage Mon 11-Jan-16 13:48:09

I wil say I think this is less to do with being small amend more to do with teether regulations! I found for both my dds that teethers were just too big to comfortably chew! There are a couple shaped like dummies, but even then they were quite big. I used frozen frubes (when weaning) and other toys wi fabric knots and feeding spoons. A number of children I know end up using calpol syringes as teethers as they were the right shape!

GoodStuffAnnie Tue 26-Jan-16 11:38:15

Could you just sit and let her chew your finger. Just the right texture imo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now