Warm weather

(5 Posts)
lightgreenglass Mon 29-Jun-15 10:35:02

I have a baby who was born at 35+2, now he is 37+3 corrected. Just wondering what to dress him in over the next week when the temperature rises as in the NICU they said they have problems regulating their temperature and I don't want him to get too hot/cold.

TIA.

slippermaiden Mon 29-Jun-15 10:37:36

Rather than gestation, what is his weight, as he is not very prem. if he's over 7 pounds id say start in a vest, light sheet over in the pram, nothing else if in a sling. Best way to tell if he's warm is put your lips to his skin on his back or chest, they are sensitive.

cookielove Mon 29-Jun-15 10:42:09

My little one was born August last year at 34+1 (oh my god where has the time gone) in the nicu he was in a vest, babygrow, swaddled and then a blanket over top with a hat! When we came out after 10 days, to a warm ish flat the health visitor was shocked and said all he need was a cellular blanket over him, I was very shocked shock lol!

Any who I just kept him in a vest and babygrow most of the time, and a blanket over him when out and about!

slippermaiden Mon 29-Jun-15 10:46:55

Just to add, if it's going to be 34 degrees as predicted then that's hotter than an incubator for a 35 weeker who is healthy!

lightgreenglass Mon 29-Jun-15 12:17:17

Thank you. Birth weight was 5lbs 12oz, would imagine he's around 6lbs ish now as he lost some of that.

You're so right about the incubator which at its hottest was set at 29 degrees and he was in his nappy. Will take just put a baby grow and muslin type blanket on him. Thanks again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now