Premature care units & Vapotherm

(3 Posts)
nievesdesign Sun 24-May-15 08:43:25

Hi all,

I was moved to post today by my friend, Nadia, whose twin girls were born premature at 25weeks. Her story is a long, arduous and emotional one, she told me about not knowing what each day would bring, and having to see and know what her babies were going through... and I can't believe just how strong she and her husband are. I am thankful that myself and my wife have not had to go through a premature birth because I don't think I would be very good at coping with the day to day.

Of course, I think Nadia is amazing, and equally I think that all of you other mothers here are extraordinary too! I'd just like to say well done to each and every one of you because, well... I'm not sure if its something that gets said (enough)!

I don't want to bore you with the details of her story, but she is now trying to raise funds to be able to buy a Vapotherm machine for the neonatal unit where her dds were cared for. She tells me that the 30bed unit only has 4 of these!!

You can read more about her story here, along with pictures; Vapotherm Fund

I wanted to share this cause with as many people as possible. Just to be clear I'm not asking you to donate, but it would be great if we could share this story as wide as possible to help Nadia reach the goal of helping some ones child. More than that though, I don't do much well but I know that if I can help share and spread the word about this then maybe, just maybe I can help generate enough support that Nadia will be able to buy not one, but two Vapotherm units or maybe more! You can help by sharing on facebook and / twitter.

Finally, and just as importantly I'd really like to know if your ds / dd was given the use of a Vapotherm machine and what this meant to you!? What difference do you feel it made for your little one and what difference did it make to you!?

AlpacaMyBags Sun 24-May-15 10:27:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PipsRainbow Sun 24-May-15 21:03:39

My son rejected CPAP he self exubated at 9 hours but couldn't breath on his own. He was born at 29 weeks. We were lucky our unit had one vapotherm unit and it was available for him to use. I don't know what would of happened otherwise.
I hope your friends twins go from strength to strength.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now