My little boy was discharged from the consultant today!

(9 Posts)
MrsPear Fri 15-Nov-13 15:39:46

I hope my little note does not rub salt in any wounds but instead offer hope.

Ds 2 was born just over a year ago at 31 weeks and was 3lb 3oz. I have an incompetent cervix and this time suspected IGUR too. He was distressed and was put on vent at birth. However he came off onto Cpap then air. He was discharged at 4lb when he was 5 weeks. Back into hospital at 10 weeks with bronchitis and back on Cpap for a week. Then home.

However today he is a little over a year actual and we saw the consultant. He weighs 20 lb 8 oz!!! He is in the doctor's words full of health and is developing well. So well that he can be discharged! I am so happy.

Now we need to work on Ds 1 - although that would require a miracle.

PS he said any concerns to contact him.

NewToAllThis11 Sat 16-Nov-13 09:45:39

Congratulations! You must be really pleased. Glad to hear you LO is doing so well.

waikikamookau Sat 16-Nov-13 09:52:44

good to hear - congrats smile

bonzo77 Sat 16-Nov-13 09:58:31

Lovely! Did you post at the time? My ds2 is nearly a year old, born at 35 weeks, so they must have had similar due dates. Amazing looking back at at the photos from back then, and seeing how far they've come.

NoComet Sat 16-Nov-13 10:00:30

grin

MultipleMama Sat 23-Nov-13 17:40:39

Congratulations smile I pray for a good outcome for my little boy smile

Mandy21 Sun 24-Nov-13 00:14:16

Great news smile

FraggleRock77 Sun 24-Nov-13 05:30:09

Wow, what a lovely story to hear. Congratulations. All down to your care and attention.
grin

MrsPear Thu 28-Nov-13 20:10:25

I glad I rubbed no salt. I didn't post at the time because I also had a three year old in cast! I just want to offer hope. I know what a dark and lonely path it can be being the parent of prem babies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now