Preterm Baby Books???

(6 Posts)
FraggleRock77 Mon 28-Oct-13 15:26:27

Can anyone recommend a good book on the above. I'm interested in books about how to cope once home and development grin

TheGirlOnTheLanding Mon 28-Oct-13 15:34:53

Didn't come across any books, but the Bliss website is helpful. Generally, we were told to follow the normal baby books but adjust for corrected age - ie our baby's due date rather than the one she was born on. By about eighteen months she'd pretty much caught up with most things (she was late walking but might have been anyway.)

Summerdaydreams Mon 28-Oct-13 21:03:42

The best book we found was 'premmies - the essential guide for parents of premature babies' by Linden, parole and Doron. It is very detailed and informative covering pregnancy, the cuase, early birth and the journey through NICU, covering all possible complications and questions and a child's future development. The only downside is that it is based on the American health care system but this makes very little difference.

Highly recommend it, I have referred to it constantly.

MiaowTheCat Tue 29-Oct-13 09:09:42

Bliss - they're fantastic. I avoided baby books, set the "your baby is now X weeks old" type emails to go straight into the spam folder and really struggled with the "oh are they doing X yet" type things.

DD1 also a late walker - but apparently her father was as well so I'm thinking we're just genetically lazy buggers round here!

WhatKatyDidnt Tue 29-Oct-13 10:24:54

I recently bought this book - link . It focuses on the emotional side of having a premature baby and has really helped me.

FraggleRock77 Tue 29-Oct-13 13:38:52

Thank you all for your info. When i have five I'm going to check all your points out. Thanks MN grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now