You'll get why this made me laugh in here

(2 Posts)
MiaowTheCat Fri 05-Apr-13 13:32:49

Had DD2 a fortnight or so ago - and since she was slightly prem (a whopping 36 weeker this time!) and jaundiced - she spent a few days in under the lights again.

Hubby's bringing DD1 in to see me (our almost 1 year old ex-33 weeker) in the hospital every day and one of the NICU docs is in the lift with him coming up to the ward one day... comments "oh what a lovely little girl - she must be about two years old mustn't she?" His face when he got told that she's an ex-preemie who wasn't even 1 yet was a picture!

I know she's incredibly tall (starting to look snug in 12-18 month clothes - but her dad is 6 foot 7 and both my girls seem destined to be very very long gangly babies) - but for her to have made up ground to the point she's being mistaken for a 2 year old when she's not even 1 really made me giggle!

OzmaofOz Sat 06-Apr-13 13:54:10

smile it's lovely when you look back to a tiny baby, covered in wires and tubes and then see a big, healthy toddler / baby isn't it. I loved it when people stopped commenting on how small my Dts were, they are not big for their age now, pretty average. But I get what your saying.
Congratulations BTW.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now