Sterilising bottles - urgent advice needed

(8 Posts)
CMOTDibbler Sun 22-Jul-12 19:31:25

Brands def don't have to match for steam steriliser. A plate on top of the bowl for cold water sterilisation would be fine too

BerthaTheBogBurglar Sun 22-Jul-12 19:30:31

A dishwasher is a very large steam steriliser, too (as recommended by the prem baby unit my boys were in!).

Congrats on having your baby home, it's fab (and a wee bit scary!).

ImissMiniPop Sun 22-Jul-12 19:27:56

Thanks gotmylittlelamb, yes amazing to have him home, only been back for two weeks so far so I am still at the over-worrying stage smile

hopefully I will start enjoying him being home very soon grin

Starfishkiss Sun 22-Jul-12 19:26:07

Yeah great, a plate will be fine!
And a big congratulations on your new baby! Enjoy the snuggles!!

i sterilised my NUK bottles in a philips steam steriliser, I'm sure the brands don't have to match the NUK bottles will still fit. DD was born at 26 weeks so i understand the concern.

congrats on having your LO home, its amazing bringing them home isn't it.

ImissMiniPop Sun 22-Jul-12 19:21:52

I though I could stick a plate on top (its a 7 litre mixing bowl so huge. But yes, forgot about a pan and good old boiling water....! smile

Starfishkiss Sun 22-Jul-12 19:20:00

Yes of course, you can just put the cold water and Milton tablet in a clean bowl, only problem you might have is making sure everything is fully submerged?
You could also consider boiling everything for 5 mins in a saucepan?
Hth

ImissMiniPop Sun 22-Jul-12 19:17:41

I have stupidly left my Milton cold steriliser at my sister's. I need to sterilise bottles, any alternative suggestions?

Can I put 5litres of water & Milton in a big bowl and use that instead?

I have a steam steriliser, but it's a Philips one not NUK (make of bottles I have).

Arrrgggh! I am such an idiot.

My little one was born at 30 weeks, spent 6 weeks in NICU, he has been home for 2 weeks & is 38 weeks old
which is why I am panicking about the steriliser.

All advice very welcome.

Also posted in feeding section

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now