What do I do now?

(27 Posts)
ImissMiniPop Fri 01-Jun-12 19:49:33

Hello, my little boy was born 30+2 on Monday, I've been discharged today but he's still in NICU. And I don't really know what to do now?

What do I need at home, I've got to express so have a breast pump on delivery tomorrow, but do I need a steraliser for the milk collection bottles, or can I just use the ones I can get from the hospital.

I don't even know what questions I should be asking the nurses looking when I speak to them...

Any top tips or advice would be really appreciated.

clabsyqueen Sun 17-Jun-12 23:13:51

Sounds like he's doing very well. Heated cot and developing sucking. Well done little man! My LO wasnt in heated cot til 38 weeks and came home at 41 weeks weighing 1.9kg after a painfully slow weight gain so whatever you're giving him to eat it's doing him good.
Dropping that milk is just heartbreaking as bloody breastmilk defines your life at times like this but in the grand scheme of things he won't hold it against you! It sounds like you're doing a brilliant job and working very hard. He's lucky to have a mum like you. That's what counts in the end, not how much formula he got in neonatal (although part of being a good mum is worrying about these things obviously).

ImissMiniPop Mon 18-Jun-12 09:34:09

Awwww blush thank you grin

And I just phoned NICU and he is 4.1lb today grin very proud Mummy alert! I was 4.2lbs when I was born, so feel a bit better about things (although, I also feel scared to feel better about things, in case I jinx anything, but I think that might just be natural confused)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now