This topic is for personal experiences or dilemmas; to debate the ethics of termination, please go here or here.

Flu Vaccination

(2 Posts)
annieg86 Fri 02-Sep-16 12:53:12

The midwife advised getting a flu vaccination, but I'm concerned about getting it for 2 reasons:
1) when speaking to a lot of people, those who have had the vaccination themselves become ill after getting it and I'm worried how this will effect the baby
2) because flu strains change all the time, they have to predict how it will change each year, therefore I'm not sure what they put in the vaccine - is it potentially harmful for the baby?

So I wanted the opinion of those who have gone through this before, had the vaccination and how it affected them.

Marshmallow92 Thu 03-Nov-16 22:27:07

I know this is a couple of months old, so you may have made a decision. I have the flu jab every year due to work and I had it last year when I was about 6/7 weeks pregnant. I didn't get the flu and my DD is now here and well smile
They do advise pregnant women have the jab and it can be at any stage of pregnancy as far as I'm aware. It's a myth that the flu jab gives you flu, it doesn't so I wouldn't let that put you off but it's your choice, personally I'd have it though! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now