This topic is for personal experiences or dilemmas; to debate the ethics of termination, please go here or here.

I regret my termination (trigger warning)

(4 Posts)
IceAndASliceWithSoda Sun 14-Aug-16 10:43:36

I can't stop thinking about my termination. It was 7 weeks ago and I can't get it out of my head. I was 8 weeks 5 days pregnant. I want my baby back sad I have created other threads about the situation with the father (fwb) and I haven't seen him since we had 'the talk about the termination. I wAs completely cold to the Fetus when I was pregnant and wanted it out of my body as soon as possible. Bu now I can't stop thinking aboUt it and want it back. I even want to get pregnant again but I know how awful that is because I had my chance sad

My friend accompanied me to the scan and although I didn't look at the screen she did, she didn't tell me what she saw but on Friday night after having too much to drink and me begging her she admitted it moved a stumpy thing on its left side (I suppose an arm bud) around and touched it's face. I know this is just a reflex and feeling wouldn't have developed but I wish I had never asked because now I feel that it had developed.

Realistically I did the right thing- I'm 21, a newly qualified nurse and the father was a very very casual FWB (ie we go weeks without talking).

Sorry if this is triggering for anyone but I just need to get it off my chest

whenthewindblows Sun 14-Aug-16 10:47:27

flowers I don't know what to say OP but I am so sorry that you are feeling like this. Would it help to get some counselling? I don't know if this is something that is offered to you when you have a termination?

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Sun 14-Aug-16 10:48:07

I did the same.

Saw the scan. Why they showed it to me I'll have no idea. Mine was 7 weeks.

I miss him. I wish I hadn't done it.

Probably not what you want to hear. But I get you. I know how you feel. You're not alone.

talesofthevillage Sun 14-Aug-16 10:53:28

I think you are having a reaction to a stressful situation you found yourself in. Your instinct was not to keep the baby, you had that instinct for a lot of good reasons. I think counselling might be helpful for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now