This topic is for personal experiences or dilemmas; to debate the ethics of termination, please go here or here.

young and helpless

(3 Posts)
littleadult Tue 24-May-16 14:26:25

I am 19 and currently admitted to hospital for a well established eating disorder. I have untreated ptsd, and polysubstance abuse disorder on top of depression and my ED. I am awaiting the results of a pregnancy test. I cannot have a baby right now. At the same time I feel like I could change a lot in 9 months. I've been clean from all substances 2 weeks tomorrow. I feel like in hours I'll be taking those little pills to terminate. I don't want to make the wrong decision. I remember the predisposition I had when I was born due to my mother's untreated ptsd and eating disorder and I don't want that for my maybe baby. I want to give my baby the best possible foundation when the time comes but I feel like I have some ways to go first. Help help help

chdmum20 Wed 25-May-16 23:08:06

Hope you're ok

ThePartyArtist Wed 01-Jun-16 18:20:03

Can you get one of the professionals at the hospital to refer you to someone to discuss your options with?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now