Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Did you have a gut feeling regarding the sex of your baby

(81 Posts)
Kiki84 Tue 29-Jun-10 17:17:03

I'm 12 weeks pregnant with 1st baby and can't wait to find out if its a boy or girl (I don't mind either way, but just want to know). Just wondering whether anyone just KNEW what they were having before it was confirmed? I don't really have a gut feeling yet, some days I think its a boy and other days I think its a girl...

littleducks Tue 29-Jun-10 17:18:47

yes, i was sure it was a boy

then turns out it was a girl!!!!!

Rockbird Tue 29-Jun-10 17:19:38

Was convinced I was having a boy...

DD is 2.5yo now.

Lulumaam Tue 29-Jun-10 17:19:58

yes, but was wrong both times ! first time convinced, DD.. was DS. second time convinced aother DS, had DD.. grin found out at 20 week anomaly scan both times

whoknows2010 Tue 29-Jun-10 17:21:00

I "knew" my first was boy from day 1 and I was right!!!

DuelingFanjo Tue 29-Jun-10 17:21:53

I feel like it's a boy but don't plan on finding out. I think it's because DH keeps saying it is though really I have no clue.

websticks Tue 29-Jun-10 17:22:06

with ds1 i was certaini was having a boy. and i am now 14 weeks and feel this is a boy too! will have to wait and see tho.

5DollarShake Tue 29-Jun-10 17:23:27

I thought DC one was a girl all along until about the last month or so, when I really started thinking he was a boy. He was a boy.

This time around - no idea at all, although the pregnancy has felt different in quite a few ways. We found out at the 20-week scan that she is a girl, but I wouldn't have been suprised either way.

nymphadora Tue 29-Jun-10 17:24:52

Dd1- Girl

dd2- boy

dc3-boy - will let you know in October!

strandedatsea Tue 29-Jun-10 17:36:31

Yes a gut feeling that both were boys.

They are both girls.

You have a 50/50 chance, so all those who had a "gut" feeling that was proved right are really cancelled out by all those proved wrong.

It's all a load of rubbish - only time will tell what you are having.....

Good luck, though - and congratulations!

emmyloo2 Tue 29-Jun-10 18:09:41

I was sure all right up until last week it was a girl. Then I had my 20 week NHS scan but they wouldn't tell us the sex. However from that day on I had the strongest sense it was a boy. I dreamt it was a boy. We then had a private scan on the weekend and low and behold it was a boy. So my gut feeling for the first 20 weeks was dead wrong. I think it's just luck whether you gut feeling is right or wrong.

thesecondcoming Tue 29-Jun-10 18:37:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nunnie Tue 29-Jun-10 18:43:32

I was convinced I was having a boy first time round.

DD is 3

1TiredBunny Tue 29-Jun-10 18:48:57

Was completely convinced I knew. Gut feeling and all...

And I was wrong!

jjkm Tue 29-Jun-10 18:50:11

I used to have this feeling my first would be a girl. We have yet to find out. My husband is putting his bet on it being a boy.

tattycoram Tue 29-Jun-10 18:51:34

Had a gut feeling DS was a boy and he was. Have a gut feeling this one is a girl, but am a bit less confident about it

anyabanya Tue 29-Jun-10 19:03:52

I had no thoughts at all about it, and could not have guessed until 2 days before the 20 wk scan when i suddenly 'knew'. I was so convinced, and I was right.

Maisiethemorningsidecat Tue 29-Jun-10 19:05:48

Yes - I knew with all 3 of mine. I'm also scarily good at predicting the sex of my friends' babies.

First time I was convinced I was having a girl, DS is now 3.

This time I was convinced I was having a boy, DS2 due August

Beachbreak Tue 29-Jun-10 19:35:57

I knew it was a boy, I dont' know why, I just did. But my partner and his family were convinced it was a girl to the extent that they called the baby 'she' all the time and after months of it I almost started to think they might be right...until he was born and then I got to say 'I told you so!' Mum knows best.

Convinced that DD was a DS, clearly wrong! This time I think we're having DD2, but as I was wrong last time, it therefore must be a boy this time!

Duritzfan Tue 29-Jun-10 20:58:22

I have been right both times so far..am currently now preg again and am sure its a girl... have scan next week - will let you know the result !!

alfiemama Tue 29-Jun-10 21:13:08

Yes, I had this immense feeling after 2 ds's that this one was a dg, just found out I was right. Can't really explain it but felt more of a girl feeling when she started kicking, Oh and kept having really vivid dreams where girlie names where being called to me. Weird I know grin

Allegrogirl Tue 29-Jun-10 21:37:03

I was 99% sure I was having a boy last time. Was a little shocked when DD popped out but only for about 10 minutes then forgot all about the boy I had imagined for so many months.

I'm 32 weeks and don't have a strong feeling either way but lots of people have referred to bump as 'she'.

McSteamy Tue 29-Jun-10 21:38:53

I was so sure DD1 was a girl that I would have asked them to double check if they'd said she was a boy.

But didn't have the overwhelming feeling with DS or DD2

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now