Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I feel like i need a poo all the time. Help!

(8 Posts)
MrsCraig87 Thu 20-May-10 11:43:53

Had a sweep yesterday and had cramping and my bowels emptyed after it. I then ate a little after that and i went to toilet again. Since then (lastnight) i keep feeling like i need to poo but nothing happens when i go. I've not ate anything since lastnight. I'm getting cramps in my lower back (like i'm constipated) and slight cramping in my tummy. Whats going on? I'm due in 2 days. Please help

Thanks

fatsatsuma Thu 20-May-10 11:52:01

That feeling of pressure may be caused by the baby's head moving down your birth canal and putting pressure on your back passage. You should speak to your midwife asap I think.

Hope you're OK.

domesticslattern Thu 20-May-10 12:18:44

In my case, it was a strong sign that I was about to go into active labour.

Get on the phone to your MW pronto.

FranSanDisco Thu 20-May-10 12:21:32

I told my midwife I needed a poo and next minute my waters went. Labour is imminent I think so good luck.

fatsatsuma Thu 20-May-10 17:07:01

I didn't want to alarm the OP, but with me, that feeling of pressure always came just before I actually started pushing!

She has not reappeared, so I hope everything is OK.

sanfair Thu 20-May-10 17:51:11

I'm 39 weeks and have felt that I've constantly need to go for the last 3 or 4 weeks. It just happened to coincide with the baby's head dropping (my first pg) and I think it's just the extra pressure on my bowels. It's probably worth calling your midwife to be sure but I wouldn't panic.

I had that in labour. Can I be nosey and ask why you had a sweep before your due date?

louiespence Thu 20-May-10 17:56:29

I had the same feeling during the last week during my second pregnancy. I mentioned it to the midwife and she told me that it was because the baby's head was engaged. Two days later I went into labour. I think you can assume that things are about to start!

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now