Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

experience of Kiddicare website? Plus cot and crib necessary??

(36 Posts)
flexab23 Thu 18-Mar-10 21:03:28

Has anyone bought anything from kiddicare website? After yet another falling out with sister (long story) decided I'd rather buy new cot and crib than her be able to retract the offer/loan at any point!

Seem to be some good deals on Kiddicare and quick delivery. Do I really need a crib and a cot/cot bed? Thinking of cotbed as lasts longer - any views/advice ladies?

MiaowTheCat Sun 17-Feb-13 14:05:44

Only issue I've ever had was an in-store purchase where their console paymenty things (if you've been in-store you'll know what I mean) screwed up, we were told we hadn't been charged twice - but had been.

Considering it was £700 on a pram it was somewhat eyewatering having to sit and wait for THAT to be re-credited to the account!

Online stuff's always been fine.

Snusmumriken Sun 17-Feb-13 12:36:14

They are great until you buy a faulty product and need to return it and get a refund. We had to return a pushchair that had faulty breaks. It was an absolute nightmare. We ended up having to reschedule the pick up day three times as the service they used never came. I had to take time off work each time.

Long story short- try calling the number they tell you to call if you have a complaint. When it is manned it is manned by incompetent and rude a- holes.

used them for all large purchases after motherboard proved horrendous when we shopped for pfb always excellent service can't recommend them enough.

wrt crib etc my eldest is the only one who slept away from me in the early days he bad a carrot and Moses basket my girls however slept with me im about to order a new cobed mattress from them for dd2 to side car it to my bed to make co sleeping g a bit roomier

vq1234 Sun 17-Feb-13 12:08:19

I'm afraid I can't agree with these experiences, we've had problems with Kiddicare. We ordered a chair and Moses basket from them. Basket was fine but the chair arrived without any nuts & bolts or instructions. We called up to ask for them to be delivered & they could only send on a Monday (we had paid for Sat delivery - which to be fair they did refund), but when the pieces arrived finally (Tuesday) there were no instructions attached. My husband called up & was assured they would be sent out, nothing received, then after a week I called up and asked for them to be emailed as this chair and all it's pieces was still sitting un-assembled in our living room! They assured me these would emailed, but today left me a message saying they only have hard copies so will post them out to us. Luckily my husband used his Initiaive and has made the chair anyway but what a palaver! Avoid!

JBroRo Fri 26-Mar-10 16:02:33

We ordered a nursery chair from Kiddicare and I was so impressed by their service.

Delivery was so quick and they even gave a really specific delivery time which I have never had before from any other company.

Would definitely use them again x

JanineL213 Fri 26-Mar-10 11:42:27

Just thought i would give everyone here a heads up.. My second little one is due in 3 weeks and i have purchased everything from a company called parentsupermarket.com!! I can't speak highly enough of them, at first i was very sceptical about using them as i had never heard of them before. However once i played my order, i received it with 24 hours and the communication was great so that eased any fears i had. To top it off they were the best price by quite a bit on all the products i purchased.

I hope this helps

flexab23 Fri 19-Mar-10 22:31:04

Brilliant, sounds to me like a cot is the way to go and I've already got a moses basket so your advice will defo save me some cash - thanks all!

AKMD Fri 19-Mar-10 12:06:14

I've used Kiddicare and found it excellent for all sorts of things.

I bought a cot bed and a second hand moses basket (new mattress) as I wasn't sure how useful it would be. DS (3 weeks) sleeps very well in the cot bed, although he does look very tiny in it and the moses basket is great for keeping downstairs so there is somewhere safe to put him down while I am cooking/have visitors etc.

glasgowlass Fri 19-Mar-10 11:49:20

I have bought so much from Kiddicare and cannot sing their praises enough. Excellent service, speedy(free if over £29.99) delivery(they text you when item out for delivery and now provide an hour time slot for said deliveries). Deliveries have always been on time and they even price matched a recent purchase where I found it online cheaper. (they refunded diff + 15% of diff).

Not sure about returns service, never had to use it to be honest.

The other thing I like it that on the website you can access demonstration videos for items you may wish to buy.

roary Fri 19-Mar-10 11:23:26

They are great, very fast delivery - only flaw is that you have to pay for returns if it's not quite right (they will pay if damaged or the wrong item). With large things this can be a huge hassle, so make sure you are certain before you order!

moaningminniewhingesagain Fri 19-Mar-10 10:44:18

I have used Kiddicare a lot, for pushchairs, car seats, buggysnuggle etc. Always been great and good deals.

I only used a carrycot/moses basket and proper cot for the children, DD went into a big bed at about 20 months to free up the cot for DS. I felt that cotbeds and cribs were an unneccessary expense basically, cot beds v cute but not needed.

Travel cot you can keep downstairs for trips to toilet without DC/ to sleep in on really bad nights is handy though.
Would have loved one as a gift thoughsmile

dilbertina Fri 19-Mar-10 10:36:01

I'm another one who's had many good experiences with Kiddicare. I have bought various things from them over the years...cotbed, car seats, pushchairs, playpen...actually thinking about it I should have bought shares!

Always had excellent service and prices cheapest I could find (and they pricematch in the unlikely event you find cheaper).

I had a moses basket for early days (has lasted 3 dc) and then cot-beds. We had very small room so couldn't fit single bed anyway. The cotbeds are big enough to last most children until they are 5ish anyway.

IMoveTheStars Fri 19-Mar-10 10:26:23

Had very good experience with Kiddicare, and yes - get a cot bed

MrsGokWantsatidyhouse Fri 19-Mar-10 10:24:18

Kiddicare are brilliant, with 3DC we've had a lot of stuff from them over the years.

When you do order from them sign up to Topcashback first, put Kiddicare in the search box, click through to their website from the button and get 4% cashback. Any shopping I do online I always check if I can get cash back first. Since Jauary I have had £100 cashback.

sockmonkey Fri 19-Mar-10 10:01:05

Kiddiecare were fantastic when I used them. I bought carseats though (they arrived the next day!)
They emailed and called to let me know a delivery time. I was really impressed.

JaMmRocks Fri 19-Mar-10 09:43:33

I've only had good experience of Kiddicare personally, but haven't had any problems with the goods. I did hear that they aren't so hot at dealing with issues of broken items etc, but they may well have improved since then.

Re cot and crib, we just used moses basket then straight to cot.

Clarissimo Fri 19-Mar-10 09:43:10

Oh and no you don't need separate cot and crib, although I found it good to be able to put a moses basket in cot for older ones (cots seem a very big space for tiny babies and mine liked enclosed cosy), and also handy to have downstairs as an alternative to the cot so we could train that cot + night sleeps = all night, iyswim

Clarissimo Fri 19-Mar-10 09:41:51

I ahve also found them to be good and we have our own internet business (very different field) so have quite high standards

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Fri 19-Mar-10 09:41:20

Kiddicare are fab. Cheapest prices and they deliver the next day for free. I bought a cotbed for DS in the sale, with mattress I think it was about £130 so a bit of a bargain. He used to sleep in a moses basket, actually til he was over 6 months (very late learning to turn over). For the price I thought the cotbed was the best option.

Kiddicare are brilliant. Very good customer service (I once had to exchange something), and they text you to let you know when your delivery is coming AND you can reply by text to change the day one either side (text 1, 2 or 3).

A crib doesn't seem very good value for the effort. My DS is in no way ready for a big bed yet, but is far too tall (and active) to sleep in a cot. I am pleased with his cotbed. He'll definitely be in a normal bed (with bed guards) by the time we have another, so nothing will be wasted. (Oh, we had a Moses basket to start with, and that was quite useful, as we wanted to move him around the house with us.)

LooL00 Fri 19-Mar-10 09:28:18

We have a great cot from kiddicare with a rochingham sprung mattress. dd used it until she was 3.5. we're going to use it with dc3 with a new mattress but I'm buying a moses basket from John Lewis. Kiddicare delivery is really well organised.

IsItMeOr Fri 19-Mar-10 07:37:22

On the crib front, it just occurred to me that you might try a Fara Kids if you have one near you. We bought ours (a John Lewis one) second hand from ebay for around £20.

littledawley Fri 19-Mar-10 07:14:27

Cotbeds are lovely from a size perspective, plenty of space when they are 1+ to roll around - we had a gap of 2 years and 4 months both times so were able to move the older child straight into a full sized bed.
I have used Kiddicare and been very impressed by them. I know plenty of people that managed without a crib - we borrowed one from a friend and only used it for 4-6 weeks. Do you know anyone else that might have one?

aactionmum Fri 19-Mar-10 07:02:17

Kiddicare are great! As well as buying from their website, we also went to their store when I was pregnant and bought lots of things! The staff are great, very helpful!

We used a carrycot in the early days but DS moved to our bed soon and is still sleeping there. We haven't used his cot yet and I don't know when/if he'll use it as I'm BFing and night feeds are important because I'm going back to work soon!

So I'd suggest you buy a crib/moses basket/carry cot to begin with and buy a cot/cotbed later when it's needed.

Ours is being used as a bed guard and an ironing basket

mumabee Thu 18-Mar-10 22:23:47

We had a good experience when we bought from Kiddicare. We bought our travel system, travel cot+mattress, bedding, bottles, muslins, lots of other bits and bobs from them and are happy with our purchases.

The prices are very competitive and the customer service was good. There was an item missing from our order and they sorted it out within 3 days.

I like jkklpu's cot to bed idea. Will probably do the same.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now