Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

37 weeks and very heavy discharge - is this normal?

(3 Posts)
Mayandbump23 Mon 22-Feb-10 15:49:47

Sorry if TMI but I'm 37 weeks pregnant with my first child and in the last week or so have noticed a dramatic increase in discharge - I now have to wear pantyliners all the time or risk wet pants (and trousers), sometimes I can even feel the discharge 'gushing' out as it is so heavy. Apart from the quantity the discharge appears 'normal', ie. does not smell or have a funny colour, and I don't have any other symptoms (e.g. itching). Is this incrase in discharge normal at this stage of pregnancy or should I get tested for strep b/thrush/uti?

MrsBadger Mon 22-Feb-10 15:56:11

bet it is thrush

TubbyDuffs Mon 22-Feb-10 16:00:19

Its not your mucus plug is it? Mine came out at 37 weeks and the next day my waters broke.

I would check though, that it isn't your waters. Just give the midwife a ring, as mine wasn't obvious and I actually thought it was incontinence because it was a trickle every time I stood up.

It was a bit embarrassing as it was my third child, although to be fair, I had never actually gone into labour before!

Get it checked out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now