Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

40 weeks tomorrow and constant constant constant Braxton Hicks

(4 Posts)
WinkyWinkola Tue 27-Oct-09 20:05:54

that are driving me bananas.

I was hoping that this baby would arrive a few days early like his sister but the constant BHs are driving me potty. I can't move without one kicking in.

Why are they with me all the time? Shouldn't labour just blooming well kick in? Gah. I can't rest properly. It's my 3rd but I seem to have forgotten what it was like with the other two.

Heated Tue 27-Oct-09 20:47:26

Ouch! I feel your pain - well not right now - but remember it well.

No chance it's the actual thing?

Naetha Tue 27-Oct-09 21:31:52

I so feel for you - I'm nearly 37 weeks, and I get BHs about every 10-15 minutes when sat down, about once every half hour when asleep, and about every 2 minutes when I'm actually doing something! I had this with DS before from 36 weeks, and he was a week late, so not necessarily an indicator of stuff happening!

I did some gardening this afternoon and thought for a short time I was in labour as th BHs were accompanied by nasty back pain, but fingers (and legs!) crossed everything's ok!

WinkyWinkola Wed 28-Oct-09 11:34:38

It's not the real thing. I keep thinking it is but it's not. It's got to start at some point. Perhaps it would better after half term so that the other dcs are back at school. Sigh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now