Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

34 weeks pg and stinging pain down below?

(6 Posts)
TOK Thu 17-Sep-09 17:55:47

Hi, I am 34wks with dc2 and for past few days have been getting a really sore stinging pain down below. Have no abdominal pain and it doesn't hurt when I wee.
The pain doesn't last long and only happens once or twice a day but it is damn sore!
Does anyone know what this could be or have same experience?
Urine samples are always normal at check ups.

siouxsieandthebanshees Thu 17-Sep-09 23:06:26

ask them to look again for a uti and what about a check up for yeast infections.

TOK Fri 18-Sep-09 08:22:33

Thanks siouxsie, will do! xxx

weegiemum Fri 18-Sep-09 08:24:53

definitely ask for a new urine sample to be done. They can be OK at check-ups and then infected the next day if you get ill.

Its probably just something in your bladder, but if it goes into your kidneys it can get a bit horrible in later pregnancy (and is also more likely to do so) so please get checked out!

CalypsoFlame Fri 18-Sep-09 10:28:07

Hard to be sure if it's the same thing, but I had very sharp, almost stabbing pains around the top of my vagina and discussing it with my midwife, she assured me (since my urine samples have always been NAD) that it was the baby headbutting my cervix as she kicked or stretched out.

I'm 38+3 btw, and think I noticed these symptoms around 32, 33 weeks and they're still happening.

Saying that - if doubt do have another check!

TOK Fri 18-Sep-09 16:50:57

Thanks for all your help ladies, heading to midwife tomorrow to get it checked out! xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now