Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity Sportswear

(15 Posts)
Toppy Fri 27-Feb-09 20:55:03

Does anyone know who might stock maternity gym kit - specifically 'bottoms'
I am after cycling shorts or cropped trousers with a nice comfy waistband preferably in a sports type fabric that does not show up all the sweat!
All I can find is jersey yoga trousers in the usual maternity suppliers in this country and don't to resort to paying postage to get some in from the US. Thanks

dinkystinky Fri 27-Feb-09 21:02:04

To be honest, I just wore my normal gym bottoms (as they are stretchy lycra ones) through pregnancy but low down under the bump as it got bigger and bigger and longer tops as my bump got bigger and exercised through out my pregnancy. My legs and bum didnt get any bigger so didnt need to go up a size in them and wearing them low slung was comfortable.

gigglewitch Fri 27-Feb-09 21:02:21

I got some decent stuff in JJB, by Reebok. I'm a PE teacher so it was pretty much essential kit for me grin
Now you've got me curious to check if they still have it... off to google!! might turn up back with a link or two. Red herring (Debenhams) did some too, again the last lot of that i had was 3+ yrs ago. will be back.

gigglewitch Fri 27-Feb-09 21:15:16

have you seen active mums? Some of my stuff was reebok as i said,m but I can only find it on ebay hmm. The other stuff (blush still in my wardrobe) was from Mamas and Papas, and H&M maternity grin - have you looked at these two? M&P has a website, H&M afaik doesn't but the stores are fantastic.

Toppy Sat 28-Feb-09 08:58:25

Many thanks - I will keep looking on eBay in the hope some Reebok comes up. Active mums are out of stock of bottoms in my size. I love my Nike dri-fit 3/4 length normal capris but the band just cuts me in half and unfortunately if I push it below the bump I get a massive hangover tummy left over from ds1

MoshiMoshi Sat 28-Feb-09 15:32:13

I have continued to use my old stuff which accommodates the bump ie that has a lower waistband. You will find you worry less about a hangover tummy as your baby bump grows! I am glad I haven't invested in more maternity clothes as, after four pregnancies, I am more interested in buying new clothes which will fit me post-pregnancy when I have got back to my usual size!

BikeRunSki Sun 01-Mar-09 08:37:29

[http://www.sportybump.co.uk/shop/index.php sporty bump]]

Haute Mama

BikeRunSki Sun 01-Mar-09 08:38:37

I'll try that first link again
[http://www.sportybump.co.uk/ sporty bump]]

poppysweetie Sun 01-Mar-09 13:32:17

Peacocks have tracksuit bottoms with bump panel and so do New Look, I saw them both yesterday

Toppy Sun 01-Mar-09 18:59:56

BikeRunSki - JUST what I was looking for and very very reasonable! Thank you so much

Sue4270 Tue 10-Mar-09 16:23:45

I am apart of a website called MyFavoriteStyles.com (http://www.myfavoritestyles.com) We don't have any specific workout clothes specific for maternity but we do have some larger size bottoms that may work for you. Also we do not charge shipping on all orders over $25.00 going to the US or Canada but if you would like it shipped some where else just call us we will be more that happy to work with you. I would like to learn more about what we may have to offer just call us at 800-838-7343 or visit our website.

xPennyx Tue 23-Oct-12 12:07:23

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

itsaruddygame Wed 24-Oct-12 14:44:10

I have some sweaty betty 3/4 length bottoms that are ultra stretchy and very comfortable. I am not big yet but I am pretty sure they would do the job in a larger size. Comfiest work out pants I have ever found (have had nike, ron hill and others).

sportymum2be Sat 31-May-14 14:12:21

I found this site useful when searching for good gymwear that's UK based...http://maternitygymwear.co.uk/where-to-buy-in-the-uk

user1479469822 Fri 18-Nov-16 12:26:07

Hi ladies, I had great success with some Bumpfit maternity fitness leggings, I practically lived in them and wore them lots after the birth too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now