Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Stomach cramps at 9 weeks

(9 Posts)
mousebear Sun 05-Oct-08 21:30:32

Hi

Im 9 weeks pregnant with my 2nd and started getting stomach cramps. I know this is normal but having suffered a miscarriage before am driving myself nuts with the apprehension, anyone else experience this?

superdenki Sun 05-Oct-08 23:04:38

Yep, I'm in exactly the same position as you mousebear! Due 10/5/09. I think it's a combination of wind/constipation and stretching, as it comes on either after a big meal or if I've been very active. Seeing mw tuesday so will raise it then just to be on the safe side. wishing you all the best

sunshine185 Mon 06-Oct-08 06:29:19

i've had cramping and lower back pain throughout this pregnancy (after mc, so sympathise) am 32 weeks now!

so congratulations!! hang in there and good luck!

quaranta Mon 06-Oct-08 08:38:53

yes had lots of tummy aches during second pregnancy. like period pains but just understood it to be 'growing pains' and tried to ignore it... DS2 now 15 months good luck and congratulations

mummy2000 Tue 07-Oct-08 09:23:11

I was having terrible stomach cramping that had me curled up in a ball on the sofa crying. Went to the docs and found out i was pregnant. Is the pain to the one side? If you're worried then nip down to the docs and see what they think. I'm now 10 weeks and hardly have any cramping. Good luck hun. x

mousebear Wed 08-Oct-08 10:52:31

Thanks everyone for your kind wishes, met a friend today who is 30 weeks and she said she has had more pains during this pregnancy than previous one, it's reassuring to hear it's normal so thanks again and good luck to you all especially superdenki you're due the same day as me

RiaRio Sat 11-Oct-08 07:22:09

hello!i am 8 weeks pregnant and i am having low down craping pains trying not to worry as obviously my body goes through alot of changes am i right not to worry??

xJulesx Sat 11-Oct-08 07:49:34

Hi i am now 16 weeks pregnant and have had cramps on and off since week seven, I have had scans and everything is fine.
Try not to worry.
Good luck.

brettgirl2 Sat 11-Oct-08 12:51:40

I have had cramping on and off throughout (am 13 weeks)

I am trying to stick to the principle that the cramps are nowhere near as bad as my "normal" period pains therefore there is unlikely to be anything happening.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now