Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

37 weeks pregnant and period type pains

(18 Posts)
mum2jakeyroo Fri 19-Sep-08 20:57:24

I am 37 weeks pg and have been getting loads of back ache and period type cramps. Is it likely to be a false alarm or the start of things. been induced with dc1 and 2 so not sure what the start feels like.

onepieceoflollipop Fri 19-Sep-08 20:59:49

This is how it started with me with dd2 (was induced with dd1)

Mind, I had a few "episodes" of minor period type pains from 38 weeks and she didn't arrive until 40+2.

I guess that only time will tell mum2jakeyroo. It is quite exciting though, even if this isn't really it, your body is perhaps preparing itself!

Very excited for you, hope all goes well.

umma Fri 19-Sep-08 21:00:01

could be the start....I had the same niggly pains didn't think much of it til baby came 4 hrs later! Go and have a bath andput your feet up! xx

KnickersOnMaHead Fri 19-Sep-08 21:05:20

Message withdrawn

mum2jakeyroo Fri 19-Sep-08 21:24:10

My dp is 60 miles away - there is no need for him to head back is there?
Better go and make sure bags are packed me thinks. KOMH - you are on October thread aren't you?

onepieceoflollipop Fri 19-Sep-08 21:28:10

Try and eat and drink normally, and go to bed at bedtime. Does your dp drive - presume he could get back within an hour or so?

Have you got someone handy to look after dc1 and dc2 (and be company for you)just in case things speed up a bit?

Oh and have a bath too if you can. (relaxing and means you will be clean if you suddenly have to make a dash for the hospital - or are you having a home birth)?

mum2jakeyroo Fri 19-Sep-08 21:36:30

hospital birth - nearest 40 mins away. Family live near the hospital. What possessed us to move to a little village??

mum2jakeyroo Fri 19-Sep-08 21:37:42

It feels really wierd - I never had any of these feelings with ds1 and ds2.

onepieceoflollipop Fri 19-Sep-08 21:40:20

If you are uncertain ring the labour ward and ask them. I did that with dd2 and they were lovely, they are used to women ringing and claiming they are in labour!

Who will be looking after your other dcs? Would it be possible to ask them to come over soon for company for you until your dp gets back?

Are you getting stronger twinges?

kentDee Fri 19-Sep-08 21:40:27

Try and have something to eat and a relaxing bath if poss! good luck. x

mum2jakeyroo Fri 19-Sep-08 21:42:00

Have just texted ds1's godfather and wife just in case. It is just like period pains coming and going. Going to run a bath i think

onepieceoflollipop Fri 19-Sep-08 21:43:33

You will know soon enough. I don't even know you and am excited for you!

Hope all goes really well. Is it another ds, or a dd or a surprise?

mum2jakeyroo Fri 19-Sep-08 21:52:07

A surprise. It will prob be a false alarm knowing me. Just thankful boys are asleep.

KnickersOnMaHead Fri 19-Sep-08 22:06:50

Message withdrawn

mum2jakeyroo Fri 19-Sep-08 22:19:21

Thanks for the tip knickers

mum2jakeyroo Sat 20-Sep-08 08:44:05

Never got my bath. ds1 woke up having a bad dream so took a while to settle. Still getting 'period' pains- will just see how i go.

ajm200 Sat 20-Sep-08 11:29:03

I've just had a MW here booking a homebirth and mentioned that I have had constant period type pains for the last 36 hours. She was completely fine about it and said it is very common at this stage.

Only need to worry if they start coming and going and intensfiy, or are accompanied by fluid or blood loss. A show doesn't count. Then to ring the ward for advise,

KnickersOnMaHead Sun 21-Sep-08 17:49:42

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now