Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

39 weeks - any tips to bring on labour

(37 Posts)
angelface18 Mon 11-Aug-08 21:48:25

I'm 39 weeks today and getting period like cramps and icky mucus but she still doesnt seem like she wants to move!
Any natural ways to try and get her moving? I've tried birthing ball, pineapple and lots of walking, all to no avail sad

rolereversal Fri 26-Sep-08 19:30:37

get on your hands and knees and scrub the kitchen floor!!! grin

Worked for me wink

also try homeopathy, if you can find a reliable homeopath in your area.

good luck smile

fedupmamma Thu 03-Sep-09 16:19:31

im 39 plus 3 and have tried raspberry leaf tea, sex hot curries and chillies which i nearly died from the hotness, maternity ball, walking lots and uphill, i think he must be comfy in there, but i think ill try pineapple next? fingers crossed grin

Cyn1 Mon 11-Oct-10 16:17:42

I'm 39 weeks tomorrow and have triedmost of the above. Had a curry and all it did was cause me heartburn and have been walking every other day. Sex is the last thing on my mind but will be the last resort!

I guess in the meantime, you can enjoy your sleep and "me" time until the bundle of joy eventually arrives. We will need it ladies!

Good luck!!

Muggle1978 Mon 11-Oct-10 18:03:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jadeblampied Sun 17-Feb-13 09:59:40

Must admit the sex worked first time with 1st pregnancy contractions started within 15 mins i was 37+6.
I small currently pregnant with no2 39+3 and tried everything nothing seems to be working. Guess i just got to wait longer.

Flisspaps Sun 17-Feb-13 10:00:49

jade I would hope everyone else on this thread has given birth now...it was started in 2008!

redredwine84 Mon 18-Feb-13 10:42:06

walk as far and as fast as you can manage, really pound the pavement, when you get home exhausted run a nice hot (hotter than "recommended") bath and have a nice soak. Then head to bed and dtd... This next bit is a little TMI but works so no doubt people will try it... After ejaculation perform your own cervical sweep : )... worked both times! : )

chelsiemitchell1 Tue 09-Apr-13 10:46:40

im 39 weeks pregnant, first child, i have been getting contractions from saturday night, had the mucus plunge thing, and also been sick last night, need help on how to bring on my labour, have been taken raspberry leaft tablets the last week, and also eating pineapple, & on my birthing ball. is there anything else i can try that us think will work ??

Teapig Tue 09-Apr-13 13:03:48

I have no advice but marking my spot as I'll be watching this thread with interest. I'm 38+6 and baby isn't yet engaged.

I've been taking raspberry leaf capsules for the last couple of weeks to no avail. Looks like a curry and a bit of how's your father could be on the agenda!

jumpinghoops Tue 09-Apr-13 18:33:04

Teapig, the raspberry leaf are not s

jumpinghoops Tue 09-Apr-13 18:34:57

Sorry- not so good at making labour start but very effective at giving strong, effective contractions I think. I remember cursing myself for taking so many during my last labour!

JaquelineHyde Tue 09-Apr-13 18:44:41

38+5 here and after getting over a very painful uti I think tonight may be the night that we give sex a go.

FYI Raspberry leaf tea/capsules do not help bring labour on, they help prepare the cervix to work more efficently once labour has started which can for some make the earlier stages of labour shorter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now