Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Goddamn CHAFING! Any suggestions?

(26 Posts)
Anglepoise Fri 25-Jul-08 13:50:40

I appreciate I've got off fairly lightly for pregnancy symptoms if this is my worst one, but is anyone else suffering from erm chafing? blush

I've been plagued with it throughout and it's so painful and I don't know what to do about it. Basically it's in the crease where my leg meets my crotch - it just keeps getting rubbed raw. Ow. I'm generally treating it by rubbing it with Savlon and sprinkling with talc but it isn't great. I can't put a bandage on without giving myself an inadvertent Brazilian blush and spent yesterday knickerless but that doesn't seem to have helped much either. Meh.

Just wanted to rant really. Is anyone else suffering or are you all just getting orgasms in your sleep?

wasabipeanut Fri 25-Jul-08 13:53:24

Um this is a bit random but you can get these sort of cut off tights that stop chub rub. I saw them on this morning a few weeks ago!

Alas, I didn't get orgasms in my sleep when pregnant either.

madmouse Fri 25-Jul-08 13:53:44

sudocreme, which you may well have bought for your baby already. wash the area, apply, sleep without knickers with a clean hankie or similar to stop the skin contact.

Chafing is horrible. Don't be afraid to moan. smile

2cats2many Fri 25-Jul-08 13:59:03

Try some Metanium. Its the only thing that gets rid of my dd's nappy rash.

hopefully Fri 25-Jul-08 14:08:00

Have you tried any anti-chafing cream for during the day as well? I keep seeing it advertised on the tv...

accessorizequeen Fri 25-Jul-08 14:31:22

talc will dry out the crease, making it worse really (I find that anyway). Best to stick to a cream only.

Anglepoise Fri 25-Jul-08 14:52:40

Genius - thanks ladies. I do feel like I have nappy rash! blush

Despite the fact I've been wearing cellulite leggings since getting PG, it's not the chub that's rubbing, it's in the crease. I do have some sudocreme around somewhere in a trial pot, so will see if I can find that, though we're mid-way through packing, so god knows where it is!

I got some silk nappy liners through the post this morning so maybe I should give those a go! hmm

cupcake76 Fri 25-Jul-08 15:22:00

Message withdrawn

waitinggirl Fri 25-Jul-08 16:34:15

my friend swears by rubbing vaseline on affected areas before going out

plantsitter Fri 25-Jul-08 16:36:18

My 'friend' (i.e. me ) swears by spraying antiperspirant on the part likely to be affected before going out.

plantsitter Fri 25-Jul-08 16:36:55

(I didn't mean you meant you really waitinggirl)

greenlawn Fri 25-Jul-08 17:26:32

I also keep seeing an advert for anti-chafing cream on the telly! (Lanacane I think).

I use vaseline when I'm running - er well pre-this-pregnancy anyway - to prevent chafing and joggers nipple. Works just as well as the anti-chafing stuff recommended on lots of running websites.

Anglepoise Fri 25-Jul-08 18:08:40

Actually, I did see that anti-chafe stuff ad the other night but haven't been to a chemist yet. I think it's my knickers rubbing against my skin rather than skin against skin iyswim though. Pah!

mad4mybaby Fri 25-Jul-08 18:17:01

why dont you buy some of those shorts as apposed to knickers to buy? They will go just that bit lower than in the crease. I get chafing but only at night (i dont really wear skirts and when i swim i wear tankini with shorts) i dont yet have a rash but sleep with something between your legs. I either use pillow or if its too hot a cotton t shirt just to stop skin touching skin.

Anglepoise Fri 25-Jul-08 18:22:39

I've had a real craving for boy shorts since getting PG so wear them most of the time, but it doesn't seem to make much difference. I think I need the ones that go down to my knees grin

mad4mybaby Fri 25-Jul-08 18:27:55

or you could try cycling shorts!

Anglepoise Fri 25-Jul-08 18:52:04

Hee hee - I'm knickerless again now! Thank god I'm on maternity leave blush

sarahsails Sat 16-Aug-08 17:19:45

Roll on deodorant then talc before it dries. Leave to dry (remembering to lock the bathroom door). Works a treat!

dinny Sat 16-Aug-08 17:22:28

why is it a pregnancy symptom then...?

JackieNo Sat 16-Aug-08 17:28:29

The Lanacane stuff says it works for clothes on skin, as well as skin on skin. Might be worth a try.

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Sat 16-Aug-08 19:01:58

Are your knickers big enough? I got chafing in the crease a couple of times before I bought biiig knicks. I didn't think that would be the bit that got tight but it was for some reason.

sleeplessinseatle Sun 17-Aug-08 14:50:05

Angelpoise, your post could have been written by me!
Going kinickerless made a big difference, or sometimes wore my fella's boxers.

I know how annoying it is tho, you just want to itch itch itch it x

Anglepoise Sun 17-Aug-08 17:06:22

dinny I think it's because everything's a bit erm damper down in that neck of the woods blush

sleepless I have ended up in DH's pants - very comfy! grin

Manged to cure this bout with Savlon and a silk nappy liner tied to the top of my leg with a long sock (glamorous!) but then drove 200 miles in an extremely hot car in the burning sun and got all sweaty again, which eventually turned into a fungal wotsit and needed Canestan and a fairly unpleasant day for my GP Wow being pregnant is sexy ... hmm

PoppyField Sun 17-Aug-08 17:50:25

Hello,
I got very uncomfortable in the chafing zone last time and the most comfortable thing was wearing enormous Sloggi pants that are like shorts/bloomers. They come half way down the thigh like cycling shorts, but are obviously made of nice white cotton. I bought several pairs in size 20 when I was eight months pregnant and they were dead cosy. Not very sexy, but who cares when it comes to being able to get through the day with one less embarrassing problem.
Poppy

morales1207 Wed 27-Aug-08 15:38:11

Try using Monistat Soothing Care Chafing Relief Powder-Gel. Worked like a charm for me and belief me the chafing was terrible before-hand.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now