Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone else an emotional wreck at 15 weeks?!

(18 Posts)
babylove123 Sun 01-Jun-08 18:23:00

Hi,

DP and i have been trying for a baby for a couple of years, in March we get the wonderful news we've succeeded! Am now 15 weeks pregnant, had hyperemesis gravidarum since week 5 and although thank goodness, it is easing off a bit, i've gone into the next stage "the emotions". Wow i feel so crap! The excitement of pregnancy has disappeared and i feel like i am a school kid again. I have suddenly stopped enjoying going to work and literally dread it everyday. Each evening and weekend is just a countdown till i have to go back in each weekday! I hate it, im miserable because of it and each day at work i sob my eyes out.........

Have spoken to a few people who say they were exactly the same but i do feel so alone! Work arent understanding it either, im the only woman in a very small office so it makes it harder. Im so embaressed by it all, makes me feel in-human!

Any thoughts and advice gratefully received!

Thanks

barbareebaa Sun 01-Jun-08 18:36:38

Hi Babylove

just had to send you a message! So sorry you're feeling so low. I'm 17 weeks pregnant and while am o.k. most of the time I suddenly get these moments of feeling like the world is about to end - totally awful and really extreme feelings of doom and sadness. It lifts after about a minute but it happens throughout the day and comes on without warning. My friend said that it's a good sign and means the hormones are doing what they should be doing but still... shock

I don't have any advice for you, just wish you well and hope the sadness goes away soon!

Take care,

Bx

babylove123 Sun 01-Jun-08 18:57:05

Hi Barbareebaa, thanks for your message. Glad to hear i'm not the only one (not that i am wishing it on you of course!)

Yep, i've been told that its a good sign too! When you're sobbing into your 50th tissue in an hour, you find it hard to believe! The midwife was so happy i was so sick because it was a good sign! Whilst i knew that, i gave her my death stare at the time!

barbareebaa Sun 01-Jun-08 20:50:23

Lol at 'death stare' grin

I chucked some potatoes on the floor in a rage much to the surprise of my dh (who was innocently handing them back to me after I'd peeled them because they had 'bits of skin left on') I'm not usually given to throwing a wobbler - am v. placid (honest!) although having said that I did once chuck a chicken breast out of the window... pregnancy does funny things to the mind!!

Ah well! Only 23 weeks to go.... smile

Babylove- I've had HG with two pregnancies and sympathise greatly. I have had horrid MS this time but no HG. I have been a complete emoitonal wreck a number of times with this pregnancy. A very kind MNetter has really helped me with it. It's very normal but really difficult. Have a good weep at the odd movie as a release and get some mundane tasks done- and have a good wibble on MUmsnet- it works a treat, and it will pass.xx

Barbar- my poor DH has been on the receiving end of the odd tantrum here, too!

Babylove - I've been an emotional wreck since I found out I was expecting again, a month after I miscarried the previous baby and I expect I will be for a while yet! I was the same with DD (who is now 19 months). It doesn't matter, it does end and it doesn't mean you won't be able to cope with motherhood, or that you will develop PND.

constancereader Sun 01-Jun-08 21:42:34

I have been barking mad during this pg.
I have no sense of proportion, or any ability to retain a good mood for more than two seconds. People talk about getting their body back, I am most looking forward to getting my brain back. So is my dh grin.

My comfort is that I KNOW it will go away when I have a baby as it did last time!

WMMC are you all better now?

Nope and I wish you'd change your name because every time I see your posting name I start singing the lazytown theme tune in my head for an hour hmm grin.

Going to see the medics tomorrow to see what's going on with the little bugger.

Lazytown- que?

Sorry I can't think of another name.

Sorry to hear you are still poorly.

Yes I know, PinkyMinkymoo is off another programme but I just see the girl with the pink hair off lazytown when I see your name (sorry I associate you with a 17 year old actress - consider it a compliment on your glamourousness).

Do you have a story box then? wink

Yorky Sun 01-Jun-08 22:21:51

Babylove, I am 15wks as well, with my 2nd, DS will be 22months when he gets a little sibling. I don't know if its because I'm at home with him whereas I worked while pregnant last time but I am a lot more worried this time- not massively emotional but for me unusually sensitive and things are closer to the surface, and I am more stressed. DH is very patient with me. I think because I had to just get on with things last time I did, but now I'm noticing much smaller twinges - growing pains? - and it all seems to make me nervous - I was terrified before 1st scan that it wouldn't be there or have a HB, much more than a rational awareness of there might be a problem. Hope that makes sense, maybe as your MS eases your hormones will change again and you'll look back on 'that weepy phase'

That's pinkydinkydoo.. purleaase.. really. hmmgrin

No, I make baby blankets- pinkyminky has been my chat name for things for ages as result, it's really after my dd's crotchet monkey that ran in the wash. I haven't been,or felt 17 for a loong time, but thankyou!

babylove123 Mon 02-Jun-08 11:21:45

Thanks so much for all of the messages, i appreciate the support.

Have braved coming to work, keep "wobbling" though and im sure a tear will be shed within the next couple of hours!

Being my first pregnancy, i dont have that "light at the end of the tunnel" thought at the moment, it feels like im in a hole but i guess as the hormones ease, it'll be gone as quick as it came.........well i can hope!

Take care everyone smile

Babylove, that's all you or any of us can do, try to keep busy- but you need to rest as well, esp if you have been so sick. Pregnancy is such a long waiting game and it can be very emotionally draining. I hope you start to feel better soon.x

disneystar Mon 02-Jun-08 12:03:02

i nearly left my DH at around 17 weeks
i felt sad, total despair and so very very lost and alone at times
im due next month now and feel much better
but it was the worst pregnancy ever for these dreaded feelings of doom
i personally have never like this pregnancy feeling you get i still have it and it will only dissapear when this LO arrives
take lots of rest,naps sleep when you can
eat small bits regular to keep your sugar levels up as when they drop we do feel weepy and sad and tired
you will feel better soon hun xx

babylove - it sometimes helps to learn a bit more about the sickness. If you haven't, have a look at www.pregnancysicknesssupport.org.uk/010.asp

babylove123 Wed 04-Jun-08 11:59:46

Hi,

Thanks so much for your messages of support, i really appreciate it and its nice to feel like im not a freak!

I had to go to the docs this morning for blood tests about my sickness so i told him how im feeling and he looked at me and said "you're normal, its hormones im afraid". He said it should ease up within a couple of weeks and if not, to go back to speak to him. Was nice to feel supported though, i feel like hes the only one who has been interested in my pregnancy and listens to me. He even offered to take my blood so i didnt have to drive 15 miles each way to the hospital to have it done there (trying to get blood out of me is impossible and the nurses cant do it). He managed it though, i was impressed!

I can tell now when the hormones "lift" a bit, its like they go on a 20 min tea break once in a while. Its so strange, it feels like im carrying a big, heavy black cloud when im hormonal and all of a sudden i feel lighter and a bit more cheery, its like a cover of doom lifts. It comes back of course but i relish in the quick relief! It makes me realise it will go, i might not know when but i can understand now that the "doom" is not me, the "lift" is me. Make sense?! Lol.

Disneystar, am so glad to hear your "doom" will come to an end soon. Wishing you lots of luck for a happy and healthy birth smile

Whomovedmychocolate - i love your name! Thanks for the info, will have a read when im home from work smile

xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now