Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Who here felt like they were starting their period but was actually pregnant?

(70 Posts)
MiMao Sat 16-Feb-08 20:32:18

I think I maybe pregnant but all today I have had cramps like I usually do before a period comes. They do not hurt but I am constantly aware of them. I have early pregnancy tests but I am due on Monday so want to hang off at least until tomorrow morning...

But now I am wondering if I should just accept my period is on its way with these feelings I am getting.

Its amazing how your mind can play tricks on you... tonight I even turned my nose up at broccoli which I do in pregnancy. I am sure its me

Just wondered how many people felt and had all the signs of a period coming but were actually pregnant?

Thanks

Daisymoo Sat 16-Feb-08 20:34:02

Me. Every single time!

flamingtoaster Sat 16-Feb-08 20:34:31

When I was pregnant with my DS I had constant cramps (and some bleeding on and off) - I was seven weeks when it finally dawned I could be pregnant!

HazieAndBaby Sat 16-Feb-08 20:38:34

I had this MiMao. I actually had some light spotting as well as really bad 'period' cramps. The spotting stopped within a cuple of days and then I started to wonder if I may be pregnant as we'd been TTC for about 9mths, but I didn't want to get my hopes up. My DH finally convinced me to do a test on the 4th day of what I thought was my period' and got a BFP!!! I hadn't wanted to do a test as I didn't want to see a negative again.
Good luck!!! grin

Tatties Sat 16-Feb-08 20:42:18

Yes. I had cramps as though period was about to start, and what I thought was raging PMT.

BigBadMouse Sat 16-Feb-08 20:42:27

I had really bad periods cramps the day before I could test and for two days after getting a BFP this time round and remember getting them with the other pregnancies too.

Hope you get the result you are after...the mind does play awful tricks on you though so my advice would be to try not to think of the 'broccoli incident' too much if you can possibly help it.

Good luck smile

theangelshavethephonebox Sat 16-Feb-08 20:43:02

I had this - felt exactly as I do when my period is about to start. I woke up in the night feeling sort of crampy and hot and when I got up in the morning and saw my period hadn't come, I did a pregnancy test - didn't believe for a second it would be positive but it was.

The cramps stayed for quite a few days after that - kept thinking that something was going to go wrong but it was absolutely fine.

I did when I was pg with ds; I was a week late and then I got terrible pains; I kept waiting and waiting for my period to arrive but it didn't ... and then I had a night out due so I thought I'd better do a pg test just before hand (we were trying after all) just in case I am so I don't get bladdered... and lo and behold, I was!

Crappy night out though. wink

smartiejake Sat 16-Feb-08 20:45:30

Me too- both times- totally conviced it was going to start- cramps and all but I was PG!

worley Sat 16-Feb-08 20:49:10

yes, had this with both of mine. with ds2 in then end dp made me do a test 2 weeks after i was due on, i was convinved i was late due to stress and felt ready to be on any day...
little did i know!!
in the end he made me take a sample to the chemist to test, but when got there my friend was in their and i refused to go in (even though i was 29!!!) and so we sat in tescos car park and did the test with ds1 sat in the back, no idea what we were doing, but sitting there in shock for ages and ages!!

MiMao Sat 16-Feb-08 20:53:36

I have to try and stay calm here then!!!

I cant really remember with no2 but we were trying so I was on the ball ready to test the day I was due. With no1 I had no symptoms whatsoever and that is why I was almost 8 weeks before it occurred to me that I had missed a period.

I remember this is how my broody feelings came about for a second baby, after no1 I thought I was pregnant and really did not feel ready, I was so nervous when taking the test and when it came up negative I remember feeling sad. After that, every month I cried when I came on even though we were not ttc, took me almost a year before my dh would agree we could try.

... I can see the same situation starting

I have to say it is not the perfect time but we would all be delighted inc dd's. Our parents will be cross though, I think they think we are irresponsible most of the time grin... not that we depend on them. They are just worried we don't have mortgage and savings. But we get by and we are happy, we don't rely on anyone and if I was pregnant I have everything to use already

I better stop now before I get too excited!!!

BigBadMouse Sat 16-Feb-08 21:13:45

MiMao - I'm pg with DC3 and all I have had from family is

Was it planned? Answer is yes (for the first time ever blush
Why on earth did you do that then?
How on earth are you going to afford it if you have no money at all now?

Told them all to sod off (in a nice way of course grin) DH got a lot of stick from his dad which was a PITA as he took some convincing that we needed a DC3 in the first place.

MiMao Sat 16-Feb-08 21:19:30

grin

it sounds just like my family.

i know my dh's dad would shake his head!

The more I am thinking about it the more I feel I am being silly, we had sex around the time of ovulation with no contraception but my dh did the old pulling out trick (sorry blush...

I know this is not contraception but it is the only one we have ever used and we've been having sex for many years. We feel that if I did fall pregnant then its not a problem.

I start thinking maybe I was because if dizzy feelings and noticing everything was smelly etc..

BigBadMouse Sat 16-Feb-08 21:29:04

Lookie here.....that 'old trick' is how I ended up with 2DDs and one miscarried little one.

Have no idea why this planned one took so long to happen hmm.

MiMao Sat 16-Feb-08 21:43:07

sad sorry to hear you lost a little one.

My dh will be not be happy about his old trick not working, like most men he is convinced he is in control grin

MiMao Sat 16-Feb-08 21:47:46

Going a bit mad now, forgot to mention I just read on a pregnancy website about the early signs of pregnancy and one mentioned body temp raised.

So nipped to the kitchen to get my thermoscan out (one you put in your ear) and my body temp is quite high. The other day someone asked me if I was cold at a play group because everyone had jumpers on and I had just a teeshirt...

i am going to have to turn this thing off now because i am driving myself mad and will end up wasting a test tonight.

Will watch some tv now and try go to bed early.

roll on morning - want to get the test out of the way so i can carry on life knowing either way.

nightie night!

HazieAndBaby Sat 16-Feb-08 21:51:27

I've got my fingers crossed for you MiMao! I'll log on tomorrow to find out!
Night night x

hester Sat 16-Feb-08 21:59:05

Yes, I really can't differentiate between 'starting period' and 'just pregnant' feelings.

Good luck,.

DaphneHarvey Sat 16-Feb-08 22:12:14

Yes!! usual bad cramps, thought period starting, felt v. sad as had been trying 9 months. Next day we were flying off for a weeks holiday to Prague. 6 days in Prague and no AF so really excited about doing pg test when got home (for some reason didn't feel I could do a pg test in Prague). But then last night in Prague started bleeding. Very sad. But 5 days later, after what seemed like a light period, I had an odd feeling and did a pg test and it was positive! Will never forget that moment. Fingers crossed for you!

debinaustria Sat 16-Feb-08 22:20:22

Yes I was convinced with all 3 pregnancies that I was starting my period - good luck for tomorrow

ScaryHairy Sat 16-Feb-08 22:25:15

I thought my period was coming (because of cramps) when I conceived my DD. Having said that, we have now been TTC for the best part of a year and every cycle when the cramps start I think "maybe I am pregnant" and they turn out to simply a warning of AF, so it is not much of a sign IMO.

Also, re temperature, you will be hotter in the post-ovulation part of your cycle. It doesn't necessarily indicate pregnancy and is just the result of higher progesterone which is normal after you ovulate. Temps drop again when or shortly before you start your period, or if you are pregnant they continue to stay high.

Anyway, good luck tomorrow. I hope that you get the result you wish for smile.

MiMao Sun 17-Feb-08 09:14:54

Hello

Woke up around 5am and could not sleep so gave in and did test and it was neg!

I dont know why I do it to myself.

With my last pregnancy I got a neg the day before I was due too and a very faint line on the day I was due so I know there is still a possibility that I am pregnant.

I could even have a long cycle this month and not actually be due on until Tues/Wed, this does happen. I have been 28 days now for a few months so that is why I think I'm due tomorrow.

I have to say that I don't normally get cramps for a few days leading up to periods, just usually when my period starts or just before.

The cramps and feelings are still there so we'll see.

I just want to start my period or know if I am - its so annoying. All I know is that if my period does start I will have to talk to my dh about maybe ttc now because I know I want another baby now. Last week our plans were in three years time. Funny how things change!

theangelshavethephonebox Sun 17-Feb-08 14:13:24

oh, how annoying for you. Hope you get result you want later in the week!

Lazylou Sun 17-Feb-08 14:28:47

Yep, same here. Not with the first one, I just had really sore boobs which I thought would lead into AF but didn't. I was 6 weeks when I found out with DD. But this time, we were on holiday and DH kept insisting I went swimming, but I had really bad cramps and was expecting a really bad AF. When it didn't come by the end of the week, something made me buy a test. I genuinely wasn't expecting to be pg and I don't really know why I bought it, but I did and got a PFB. The cramps also lasted for the first 3 months.

Hope you get the result you want, either this time, or if not, with DH and convincing him to start ttc sooner!

mumblesmummy Sun 17-Feb-08 15:02:42

I had awful period cramps when I was pregnant. But my test showed positive really early for some reason. Keep positive. If it's not this month, it could be next month and that's only 4 weeks away

NAB3wishesfor2008 Sun 17-Feb-08 15:43:30

Me with number 1 and I waited until 4 days late to test. Got a BFP!

BigBadMouse Sun 17-Feb-08 16:32:26

Oh pants! What a PITA.

What brand of test did you use?

I've been there too - this time of the month sucks whether you are actively TTC or just optomistically hopeful.

colditz Sun 17-Feb-08 16:33:01

Aye. Both times.

MiMao Sun 17-Feb-08 19:39:53

Hi
So due on tomorrow.. lets see.

Still feel crampy and took children out the whole day hoping I would forget about it all but I kept getting queasy feelings.

I had to do a lot of lifting up the pram up and down stairs, not many people offered unfortunately so I am worried about that. I know its not good to lift heavy loads. With first pregnancy I treated my body like a templed and lifted nothing and even got out of cleaning the bathroom (chemicals are not good for the baby I would say ) But with 2nd I just had to get on with it and did most things as normal. Because you have to when you already have one.

Dh is actually warming to the idea now anyway so we'll see what happens.

Fingers crossed!

HazieAndBaby Sun 17-Feb-08 19:56:20

Aww, sorry to hear that MiMao, but like you say, it may just be that your cycle is longer this month that others. I hated the feeling of waiting for my period to start and went to the loo a million times a day for a good few days to check the status! I still do it unconciously now!
Good luck! xx

MiMao Sun 17-Feb-08 19:58:02

Bigbadmouse - I used Clear blue Early Digital test.

God - this is killing me now.

Dh just said he definitely wants to start sooner so I am excited now either way

I have felt queasy all day and even now. Cramps still there and feeling slightly bloated like i do pre-period.

chuckwagon Sun 17-Feb-08 20:19:32

jsut ben reading some of the messages and thought i'd add that i also experienced cramp pains as if i was due a period during the early stages of pregnancy. I did a home test last feb which said neg but continued to feel 'odd'! Broke a rib in March and had a test donr in A&E which also came back as neg. Didn't get a pos result until May, when i was almost 16weeks pregnant!! Hope the result is what you want but don't always believe it!!

With this one I was a few days late, called DP to get me a test on the way home from work but he forgot and then I got the usual AF cramps etc so said not to bother, finally took a test a week later, positive.

MiMao Sun 17-Feb-08 20:54:16

Oooh!

I am excited but also worried.

Not planned and I never got around to doing any tummy exercises or getting that exercise dvd I have been telling myself all ny to get! grin

Plus I have been drinking a lot lately and had a few girlie night outs in a row hence the extra sex my partner got I don't normally drink or go out that much. Just a couple of glasses of wine on the weekends.

Or been taking Folic acid - oh God, I am going to really start worrying if I am!

No pain but absolute total exhaustion then one day of bleeding - like the tail end of a period and then it stopped. Am 17 weeks now. Still deep in denial though grin

chuckwagon Sun 17-Feb-08 21:22:05

I hadn't planned my pregnancy and was out drnking and smoking for almost 4 months, felt terrible and did worry for the remainder of my pregnancy but all was well. DD is 14wks now and is gorgeous. I know it's easy for me to say but try not to worry and relax. I did feel a little better following all the scans, tests etc

BigBadMouse Sun 17-Feb-08 21:39:54

Doh! I was hoping you had used a really cheapy unreliable test grin.

That said, I have heard of many people who, like chuckwagon, didn't get a BFP until they were well into their pregnancy. They all seemed to have healthy babies in the end.

MiMao Mon 18-Feb-08 11:02:15

Morning

I got my dates wrong and today is actually day 29 of my cycle so I am just one day overdue.

Woke in the night and could not sleep, tummy felt odd - strange feeling.

This morning I was bursting bit tried to hang on until 7am so I had a good morning wee to use for a test - test was neg sad!!!

So weird, maybe I have a bug then because I feel so queasy - that familiar feeling, I know it and I never normally have it.

My body is telling me I am but 2 Clear Blue Digital tests are telling me I am not so I guess that have to be right... unless I have a longer cycle this month like 31-33 days which I had the odd one's last year so I still could be?

I need to stop thinking about it now.

Wish my period would just show up to end all this silly thinking.

Sorry to hear that your tests aren't coming back as you'd wish, but just in case you are pg, I wouldn't worry about Folic Acid, there's loads of it in cereals and bread these days so you'd be fine. Hope your tests start playing game soon for you!

MrsMattie Mon 18-Feb-08 12:39:16

I felt 'pre-menstrual' both times before finding out I was pregnant (DS1 - didn't get a BFP until about a week after AF was due; last pregnancy, got a BFP 2 days after AF due). I have never been a good symptom spotter. It all feels the same to me - I feel grotty, tired, crampy, sick.

I had really bad cramps for at least the first month of my pregnancy, but then I was getting really bad period pains anyway so it didn't seem out of the ordinary to get the cramps, they didn't make me think I was pregnant just that I was coming on, which obviously never happened.

spugs Mon 18-Feb-08 13:39:35

i did with all 4 of my pregnancys never been more sure that im going to get af then when im pregnant

colditz Mon 18-Feb-08 14:21:18

This happened to me and I was pregnant - didn't show on a test until 3 weeks after my due date - the clear blue digitals missed it.

MiMao Mon 18-Feb-08 18:01:44

colditz - thats very interesting!

Well shortly after posting earlier I started my period, quite light but cramps have got worse.

I just got in now with kids and feel shattered.

MiMao Mon 18-Feb-08 18:13:29

I think this time there is no chance I am. Spoke to dh and we have agreed to start ttc later this year so I should be happy with that but still cant help feeling gutted. I am now wishing my period stays light and lasts only 4 days, this is what happened with my first dd and so did not think I was pregnant because i had a light period. Found out at about 8 weeks.

So silly how out body tortures our mind, all night I kept thinking about a little baby blush... feel like a fool now and did not admit to my dh that I tested twice!

mizzidee Mon 16-Mar-09 04:00:32

I had a lump in my breast. went 2 docs & got it checked out. was not cancerous, but was down to being hormonal. the lump went down then re-apeared. i can remember being really worried & told my mum,who said i should go back 2 the docs again. the next day i was complaining about it 2 my friend & my boobs were extremely senitive at this point too & she quickly said 2 me "when was ur last period?" i nearly died with imbarassment as i could not remember wen my last period was. i took a test at the docs & i was 12weeks pregnant. After this i can remember running 4 water every 2minutes & i had a fetish 4 prawns, cheese & onion sandwhiches & strawberry milkshacks. I would also gag every single time i cleaned my teath.

ge24 Sun 26-Apr-09 18:24:23

i have been having pains like im ready 4 my period since last week also been sick dizzy and tired ive done 2 tests and they are negative does anyone know if i have done it to early as im due on in 2 days

dianebam Fri 15-Jan-10 10:59:37

hi guys was wondering if any1 could help as i feel im goin crazy lol im 29 and ive got a little lad whos 10 ive had the iud coil in for 10 years but had it removed in sep 09 my periods was always every 28 days lasting 7 days before i had it put in and when it was in since having it removed my periods have been light and r every 24 days and last 5 days i feel pregant and i feel like i should have shares in hpt as ive bouht that many and all keep commin bk negative but ive put a few extra pounds on,backache, a couple ov weeks ago i was being sick for 2 days in the morning and had a funny taste in my mouth for a day lol

polka99 Tue 23-Feb-10 18:03:07

Could simply feeling very bloated (but no other major symptoms yet) be a sign of pregnancy? My period's not due till Sat/Sun. It is too early to be having symptoms/take a test? If I am, it would be my first and a very happy 'semi-accident' conceived on Valentine's Day.

coldtits Tue 23-Feb-10 18:03:57

i did. I bled a tiny bit too (implanted)

nomorewine Tue 23-Feb-10 18:10:31

I did every time. Was always sure I was getting my period to the point I really didn't feel it was worth wasting money on a pregnancy test. Was shocked when I got my positives!

ohnelly Tue 23-Feb-10 18:14:53

Yes both times I was convinced I was going to get my period but never did!

flyingdoll Tue 23-Feb-10 18:41:01

I was on a working trip to LA on Valentines day, the whole week i had been getting bad period cramps and had taken loads of painkillers. Period never arrived so went to a pharmacy for a test and got my positive! Best Valentines ever. That was the longest flight home as i couldnt think of anything else and kept looking at the big plus sign on the test stick!

I had cramps like I get before period and they lasted first month. Also very sore boobs which I sometimes get with period and sometimes not.

Didn't get positive test until 4 days after period was due and even then it was a very weak one, so who knows

Poppypuppy Tue 23-Feb-10 20:57:28

Yes, all exactly the same back pain and normal stomach cramps plus the usual urge for red meat and chocolate. The only difference - no spotting that I normally get a couple of days before.

lucygrif Wed 03-Mar-10 12:11:38

hey ladies!! soooo glad i found this thread!!

TTC for 6 years, no luck and no problems according to fertility clinic confused

CD37 of a usual 28-32 day cycle and I have been having cramps for 10 days and the usual sore boobs, which appear to be reducing slightly now.

BFN on saturday morning, should I re-test??

lisabaldwin Tue 13-Jul-10 12:41:50

Hi all,
Well we have been ttc now for almost 5 years. I have had 3 rounds of chlomid, 3 rounds of hcg injections, I have just started taking fertilaid which is highly recommended in america. well... i ovulated around the 21.06.10, I had a scan to check my follicles on the 25.06.10, the said my abdomen had thickened up nicely but said some back on 27.06.10 for my hcg injection. My boobs were still hurting, not loads but more than usual. On 03.07.10 i was getting a really sore back, it lasted a few hours then went.. I woke up on 06.07.10 at 5.15am with really bad pains in my abdomen and back which i have not had for years! Then followed the bleed which was heavy one day, light the next, brown discharge, light again, slight brown mucous, then brown discharge then pink (not mucous), now nothing.... My boobs are still hurting on/off, i have still got a metallic taste 7 days later and its not going, i have it right at this minute, i have a heavy abdomen, lower back pain, i feel pressure on my bladder, i think i need a wee then it goes....heres the strange thing, i did 3 pregnancy tests in 2 days that came out positive, that was when i was have this "period", i have done 2 since and they were negative, the hcg shot had run out at this time as i did pregnancy tests and watched the lines get fainter and fainter then vanish, thats when i had the "period". Im completely confused!!! I have every symptom, I thought if it was an early miscarriage then the symptoms would of gone now,they did with my last early miscarriage! My doctor is always fully booked and cant get seen for ages and the gynae clinic wont see me without my doctors say so... I have had 3 pregnancies and i have a 7YR old daughter n know the signs.....HELP someone please tell me whats going on before i consider hurling myself at a brick wall...28 by the way. thankya.xxx

lisabaldwin Tue 13-Jul-10 12:54:13

Hi all,
Well we have been ttc now for almost 5 years. I have had 3 rounds of chlomid, 3 rounds of hcg injections, I have just started taking fertilaid which is highly recommended in america. well... i ovulated around the 21.06.10, I had a scan to check my follicles on the 25.06.10, the said my abdomen had thickened up nicely but said some back on 27.06.10 for my hcg injection. My boobs were still hurting, not loads but more than usual. On 03.07.10 i was getting a really sore back, it lasted a few hours then went.. I woke up on 06.07.10 at 5.15am with really bad pains in my abdomen and back which i have not had for years! Then followed the bleed which was heavy one day, light the next, brown discharge, light again, slight brown mucous, then brown discharge then pink (not mucous), now nothing.... My boobs are still hurting on/off, i have still got a metallic taste 7 days later and its not going, i have it right at this minute, i have a heavy abdomen, lower back pain, i feel pressure on my bladder, i think i need a wee then it goes....heres the strange thing, i did 3 pregnancy tests in 2 days that came out positive, that was when i was have this "period", i have done 2 since and they were negative, the hcg shot had run out at this time as i did pregnancy tests and watched the lines get fainter and fainter then vanish, thats when i had the "period". Im completely confused!!! I have every symptom, I thought if it was an early miscarriage then the symptoms would of gone now,they did with my last early miscarriage! My doctor is always fully booked and cant get seen for ages and the gynae clinic wont see me without my doctors say so... I have had 3 pregnancies and i have a 7YR old daughter n know the signs.....HELP someone please tell me whats going on before i consider hurling myself at a brick wall...28 by the way. thankya.xxx

lisa, Maybe it was a chemical pregnancy? Or maybe twins and one passed? I'm sorry, i really don't know but definitely see your doctor if pregnancy symptoms persist.

mimao i was just going to say that I definitely felt like I was due on to the point where I was getting cramps and although I hadn't come on yet, i was wearing a dress (very hot day) and meeting friends in the park and was so certain I was going to come on within the hour I thought I'd play safe and inserted a tampon before any blood. It was only later on removing the tampon when there was nothing on it that i started to suspect I might be pregnant.

Will have my fingers crossed for you

Whoah! Just realised this thread is from 2008. how did that happen?

Butterpie Tue 13-Jul-10 20:08:24

I have felt periody both times. The the point that I get paranoid about pregnancy now every time I feel periody (no periods as breastfeeding)

lisabaldwin Wed 14-Jul-10 11:27:52

saltnvinigarcrips...
Thanks for replying,,its definately a tough one!! I would love to be pregnant, more than anything! I try not to think about the symptoms just to see if its all in my mind but nope, they creep up on me! Its strange, I know that im going to be told that i have unexplained infertility! My friend went to the doctors and they advised her against the depo injection as it takes too long for women to conceive afterwards, i was on that for a year, i didnt have a problem before i had depo as i had 3 pregnancies, 1 miscarriage, 1 molar pregnancy then my daughter! Its always wait wait wait.. I have waited almost 5 years....HAPPEN.

katiepotatie Wed 14-Jul-10 11:41:40

Yes, both times it was actually dh made me do pregnancy tests both times! grin

forpitysake Thu 19-Aug-10 08:18:00

glad i found this thread. am starting to wonder if i am pg. want to see if you think my minds playing tricks on me.

we have 4yr old DD - conceived quickly. we have been TTC (in a kind of let-nature-take-its-course way). im 34.

i realised we hit 2 fertile days this month and my period is due in 1wk. but i had some heavy spotting yesterday evening and uve been bit emotional but i get bad PMT and this feels different (so far!). felt bit sicky after white wine spritzer last night and the night before and i had a dream i was BF my baby but it wasnt my DD. i want to do a test but i know its too early really. someone tell me to stop thinking about it!

jazz412 Sun 02-Jan-11 21:33:59

Hello, I've just discovered that I'm pregnant on new years eve! Very excited and a bit shocked so retested in the morning and was positive each time.
I had a miscarriage last year and I'm quite scared of it happening again. I keep getting mild cramping sensations and sometimes feel as thought I'm about to come on (I'm terrified to cough!) I have tender breasts and feel nauseous at times too but it's the periody feelings I'm worried about as I know the other two are good symptoms to have!
Just wondered whether this feeling is normal? I would be about 4 weeks pregnant by now I think. I really hope this one stays put for the duration! I'm so scared that I'm going to miscarry every time I even go to the loo. I hope these feelings are normal and it's making room for itself not expelling itself :S
Please reply - worried sick!

jazz412 Sun 02-Jan-11 21:34:04

Hello, I've just discovered that I'm pregnant on new years eve! Very excited and a bit shocked so retested in the morning and was positive each time.
I had a miscarriage last year and I'm quite scared of it happening again. I keep getting mild cramping sensations and sometimes feel as thought I'm about to come on (I'm terrified to cough!) I have tender breasts and feel nauseous at times too but it's the periody feelings I'm worried about as I know the other two are good symptoms to have!
Just wondered whether this feeling is normal? I would be about 4 weeks pregnant by now I think. I really hope this one stays put for the duration! I'm so scared that I'm going to miscarry every time I even go to the loo. I hope these feelings are normal and it's making room for itself not expelling itself :S
Please reply - worried sick!

jazz412 Mon 03-Jan-11 12:51:57

Sorry I posted twice! didn't mean to - new! x

bammykid Mon 07-Feb-11 12:29:11

hi im new here smileits nice to read some other stories bout trying to become pregnant.. my husband & i are trying for our 3rd pregnancy i have a 12 year old daughter & 10 year old twin boys grinthing is i had my marina coil removed on 19th November 2010 had AF on 21st & it was a full 5 day cycle as normal then again Dec 31st i had AF again full 5 day cycle... its now 7th of Feb & i havent had a 3rd AFshock have done two tests both neg..sad will it take me ages to get pregnant or could i be pregnant & its just not shown up on the tests??? we've been having sex the full month of januaryblush

any advice is greatly appreciated thank you wine

no1childminder Mon 07-Feb-11 20:29:20

meeee! as i had just come off the pill and my first proper period for 11yrs came 47 days after my pill-induced period i didnt know wen my next one was due. i had period pains and sore nipples for a couple of weeks and swear i was going to come on soon. i took a test and hey presto, it was positive! ive still got the period pains and sore nipples- i am 5wks pregnant

FindingStuffToChuckOut Tue 08-Feb-11 11:32:50

me - feels pretty much the same to me but my boobs get bigger pretty quickly

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now