Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

31 weeks and 4 days - HOW MANY MONTHS AM I

(11 Posts)
Dawn2820 Wed 05-Sep-07 11:34:48

Please

6.5mths

nearly 7mths

elesbells Wed 05-Sep-07 11:39:26

god i hated this when i was pg.

the 4 week month or the calendar month? hense the reason why they do it in weeks. i loved counting it the 4 week way and telling people right at the end that i was 10 months pregnant grin

elesbells - i'm with you always counted the 4 week way! and always will do grin

Biglips Wed 05-Sep-07 11:42:18

elesbells - i remember i counted the weeks early on the pg but got half way and started to get confused of how many weeks was i (cos there is a 5 weeks in some months so i changed it over to months)

designerbaby Wed 05-Sep-07 11:46:25

Here's designerbaby's slightyly OCD formula for translating weeks/days into months.

Multiply number of weeks by 7
(your case 31 x 7 = 217)

Add number of extra days
(217 + 4 = 221)

Divide total by 30.4 (average number of days in a month)
(221 / 30.4 = 7.27 ish)

Which I reckon makes you just over 7 months.

When you're 32 + 4 you can officially say you're 7 1/2 months...

OK, so call me sad - but I wanted an accurate way of working this out...

... and yes, I do like things to be neat/lined up and eat my sandwiches in a geometric fashion.

God, how am I EVER going to copy with an untidy baby?

grin

DB
xx

pistachio Wed 05-Sep-07 11:50:43

i always counted it in weeks but i used calendar dates for months iyswim- i was due mid sept so in mid aug I was 8 months, start of sept 8.5 etc...

Same as for baby's age otherwise you end up ahead of yourself and they turn 13 months at their birthday!

Scampynoodle Wed 05-Sep-07 14:05:13

Bloody hell, Designer. I've just had my calculator out. What a mad way of working out months!

Sx

nykate Wed 05-Sep-07 14:21:02

It IS always a pain to try and translate weeks into months! And people insist on being told how many months pg you are (especially my friends who haven't had children) which isn't the way we count at all!

I always count back from due date, as your due date is 'technically' the END of your 9th month. So, that way you are now nearly 7 1/2 months pg (or in your eight month of pregnancy).

Of course, just dividing by four weeks makes it all seem like it's going much more quickly wink

designerbaby Wed 05-Sep-07 15:13:17

Mad, scampy, quite possibly... although I prefer 'mildly eccentric'

But it's accurate, and sooooo neat... grin

DB
xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now