Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

upset tummy in early pregnancy is this normal...

(8 Posts)
mum2sam Sun 13-May-07 23:25:54

i have just got this washy feeling in my stomach and have been going toilet more often then normal with my stools being a bit looser then usual (sorry too much info) is this normal?

NeverEndingPileOfLaundry Sun 13-May-07 23:32:50

I had a really upset tum, and frequent trips to the loo in early pregnancy til about 10 weeks ish I think. How far along are you?

MamaMaiasaura Sun 13-May-07 23:35:13

completely normal to feel sick and washy in stomach (my poo is the other way but dont think i am drinking enough water . Also more weeing normal in early preg as uterus expanding against bladder - often you find u dont even need a full on wee, but feel the urge.

I am being sick and feeling sick and am about 6/7 weeks now so perfectly norm xx

Lizzer Sun 13-May-07 23:42:09

OH HELL YES!! I actually thought I had a bug for a over a week, it was NOT pleasant. I'm 10weeks now and its only just starting to calm down. Sending you much toilet paper and hope it starts to go soon...

mum2sam Sun 13-May-07 23:44:44

ive had sickness and diarhoea but that was after having just a few glasses of wine thats when i did a test as it was before AF was due.I felt so ill for 24 hrs i thought i had food poisioning. Ive had no sickness since but i think im only 5 wks so im sure that will kick in soon. Its just this need to empy my bowels-almost feels like a nervous tummy.Im glad its normal.

doyouwantfrieswiththat Sun 13-May-07 23:47:23

that's reassuring I'm going through the same thing + upset stomach type cramps (not period type cramps)- I'm about 8wks gone

MamaMaiasaura Sun 13-May-07 23:55:30

the cramps are normal too uterus stretching an all

Pheebe Mon 14-May-07 07:46:49

Oh yes, thats how I knew I (or rather DH knew) I was pregnant both times, sudden diarrhea that no-one else got. Didn't last long, then the MS kicked in...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now