Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

TMI- Pink discharge/mucus is it ok in second trimester?

(6 Posts)
redtent Mon 19-Feb-07 18:31:19

Hi all,

Feeling a bit pannicy that I am having pink mucus today. I have never had this before in pregnancy (just full on bleeding with my m/c and the usual shows pre labour after 40 weeks).

Should I contact the midwife or do you think it will be ok... I am seeing her friday anyway.

Thanks

ps- prob being paranoid due to m/c but just wanted to check what I should do.

hillary Mon 19-Feb-07 18:44:39

Are you doing too much?

Do you have a low laying placenta?

I had bleeding in 2nd pregnancy just like that, It could be anything from varacous veins wich can be in your vulva or pollips(excuse the spelling) you cold have a low laying placenta.

I'd do absoloutly nothing lay on the sofa and put your legs up above your hips to ease it.

I would recommend getting an examination though to put your mind at ease.

Are you Group B Strep positive? As if you are and you have bleeding you may need antibiotics!

redtent Mon 19-Feb-07 18:47:38

thanks Hillary,

Placenta is directly at the front i think (I feel very little movement) and I may have been doing too much today/yesterday.

I have a polyp but it has never bled before (have had it for a while inc through my second pregnancy)....

Dunno bout the strep thing.

WIll call mw tommorrow to check and take it easy tonight.

thanks again

lulumama Mon 19-Feb-07 18:48:17

how many weeks are you?

any pains?

cervical erosion a possibility?

obviously, anything troubling you can be checked out, but the fact it is mucousy rather than frank bleeding means it is probably ok

have just finished 'the red tent' was marvellous ! x

redtent Mon 19-Feb-07 18:51:42

Lulu- great book isn't it!!

AM 17 weeks and feel crampy.. have had bad BH for a few days but I put that down to dehydration.

I think it is probably just one of those things so will not ring the mw tonight... but I will check in tommorrow just for reassurance.

thanks

lulumama Mon 19-Feb-07 18:52:24

sounds like a plan!

feet up, lots of water and relaaaaaaaaaaaax...xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now