Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby's face in ultrasound 26wks with photo

(10 Posts)
Eskimo16 Sun 27-Nov-16 13:17:45

Today I had an ultrasound at 26weeks, an impromptu one- no issues and the doctor said baby is measuring well and all looks healthy. I am very relieved. But, she showed me a picture of my baby's face and I got a little bit scared. It looks so alien like and skinny and I am afraid it's not well even though she said it was fine. All other posts I've seen have people saying how cute their baby looked at 26weeks and how they could recognise features and all... My baby just looks like a little alien face, so skinny sad I am worried I haven't been eating enough I have deprived baby or maybe it's just going to look like that painting 'scream'. I've attached a photo. Can anybody tell me if their 26week scan looked anything like this, should I be worried?? My husband doesn't seem to think anything about it and I don't want to show others. This is my first baby, I don't know if I'm overreacting..

daimbar Sun 27-Nov-16 13:21:45

Aw I can see what you mean but often scans make the baby look strange. It's just the angle and it looks like a light is causing shadows on baby's face. I had to have scans at 33w and 35w and both times I got a fright thinking I was going to give birth to a little dinosaur ... (didn't keep the pics as they were so weird looking) but have a beautiful baby DD

NickNacks Sun 27-Nov-16 13:22:16

They are supposed to be skinny at this stage, nothing's to worry about. All the developing is going on now at 26 weeks and in the last few weeks is when they fatten up be thin out. Have you even seen a chubby premie? No because that's not when they put on weight, honestly all is well. Relax :-)

Haggisfish Sun 27-Nov-16 13:23:37

Hahaha-sorry op. Ours looked like an evil monkey alien in our scan but was beautiful when she came out!

Haggisfish Sun 27-Nov-16 13:24:29

Like you, I was a little alarmed at scan!

sweetchilli77 Sun 27-Nov-16 13:27:19

I have just had a private gender scan at 18 weeks and she switched it to 4d....at one angle it looked like a rat hahahah. We just laughed.

Eskimo16 Sun 27-Nov-16 13:30:42

Aww okay thank you ladies for your quick, reassuring and honest replies x Baby really does look funny, i am startled myself, can just imagine other people! I think I will just pop this picture away and wait for him/her to get here. Then maybe repost on this thread too hehe.

Ouriana Sun 27-Nov-16 13:31:38

I had a 4D scan which was similar, so skinny and alien looking! DS was gorgeous and had huge fat cheeks and dimples when he was born. Your baby looks perfect and will be gorgeous, and its normal to worry about every tiny little thing grin

Eskimo16 Sun 27-Nov-16 13:38:49

Thanks also everyone for not making me feel weird by overanalysing this. Your comments have made me smile instead of be all tensed up. smile

divadee Sun 27-Nov-16 13:49:47

This is why I don't want a 4d scan to see the 'features' they all look weird and mouse like to me. And then when they are born they are gorgeous little things who look absolutely nothing like the scan pictures.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now