Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Very faint line?

(23 Posts)
Horseymum2015 Sun 27-Nov-16 11:33:48

Hi all, I'm new in here first ever post! My cycles are all over the place but my husband and I are trying for our second baby. Cycles have been 46 days long for the last few months but today I am on day 62!! Take three CB and all negative. This morning I took a Boots test. It was negative so I put it in the waste bin. I've just come to empty it and there is a faint line?! My eyes are not deceiving me - it's there but am I just getting my hopes up by checking it too late? Doesn't look like an evap line and I'm 13 days overdue now. What do you think?

fourcorneredcircle Sun 27-Nov-16 12:49:34

Hmmmm. I'd say that the chances are it's an evap line (just because you'd left it so it would have been past the time limit). Maybe try again tomorrow? Some people on here seem to think some sticks are more reliable than others but I'm not sure which sorry... maybe someone will be along soon.

Good luck!flowers

CupofTeaTime Sun 27-Nov-16 13:21:38

It looks like an evap to me as doesn't have much colour

Wonderflonium Sun 27-Nov-16 13:27:13

Try the super sensitive ones:
www.amazon.co.uk/15-Ultra-Early-Pregnancy-earlier/dp/B0026RQ75W/ref=sr_1_5_s_it?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1480253162&sr=1-5

But that sounds like an evap line to me, if it's showing up that much later.

PenguinsandPebbles Sun 27-Nov-16 13:30:10

Sorry to say it looks like an evap to me too, a positive would be more pink in colour.

I always use first response, they are more expensive but IMO much more reliable.

ladylambkin Sun 27-Nov-16 13:33:29

Sorry but I think an evap line too...I would expect a stronger positive result if you were 13 days overdue x

ciara2016 Sun 27-Nov-16 13:37:25

That could well be a positive. The first test (the picture of one test) I took when I would've been around 2 weeks pregnant it was very very faint like yours people told me it was most likely to be an evaporation line too as it was so faint, but I just had that gut instinct, I tested again a week later and the lines came up more clear (second picture... including the first test I took and two others a week later) Also I used the same tests as i am now 9weeks +6 days. I would say test again in a week or so and you should have your answer clearly by then! Iff you don't get the answer you wish for keep trying!!grinflowers good luck.

froglou Sun 27-Nov-16 15:40:42

Try a Superdrug test I've found they're the most sensitive smile

Horseymum2015 Sun 27-Nov-16 16:53:00

Thanks everyone sad I'm just being hopeful I think. I've scrutinized it in various lights and it is very pale pink. I'll wait another week and if AF hasn't shown I'll do another. I've got a docs appt on Friday about the irregular cycles anyway so I'm sure they'll put me straight. Thanks guys smile

PenguinsandPebbles Sun 27-Nov-16 17:27:42

If you think it's pink, I would do a first response tomorrow, or wait three days and do a digital.

Have my fingers crossed for you! It's a tough old business for some of us this baby making business smile

Horseymum2015 Sun 27-Nov-16 18:16:05

Thanks Penguinsandpebbles. I just have a feeling that I might be pregnant too. Who knows, maybe it's wishful thinking. I've seen lots of threads about people TTC who didn't get a positive for weeks and weeks after they conceived so fingers crossed. If not, I just carrying on trying I guess! X

Nikki2ol6 Sun 27-Nov-16 18:23:07

Those tests arnt overly sensitive you should really use super drugs own brand I got a faint line 7 days after ovulation! I'm 34 weeeks now

Horseymum2015 Sun 27-Nov-16 19:18:53

Oh thanks Nikki2ol6! I've been past Superdrug today too. Damn it!

PenguinsandPebbles Mon 28-Nov-16 00:18:45

The first response early test also measure on 10miu, so are just as sensitive as the Superdrug early response one if you did manage to get one.

Horseymum2015 Thu 01-Dec-16 07:33:16

Hello everyone, thought you might like an update (or not grin) I took the same brand of Boots pregnancy test about 20 mins ago. The line is darker and definitely pink. I'm nearly three weeks late - is it possible it's just taking a while for my hormones to get strong enough to show a strong positive? X

froglou Thu 01-Dec-16 07:41:09

Yep completely I had the same thing,

Horseymum2015 Thu 01-Dec-16 07:48:56

Thanks froglou. Seems strange for me because when I got pregnant with my son I got a strong positive straight away and was being sick straight from the off! X

Horseymum2015 Thu 01-Dec-16 12:01:10

In case anyone reading this is in the same situation, I've done three different brands of test today now. All positive! Three weeks late and only just showing positive after lots of negatives. Baby dust to all. Cx

eastegg Thu 01-Dec-16 12:08:56

Wow, congratulations!

Jodie1982 Thu 01-Dec-16 12:31:45

Awww congratulations. Definitely positive. smile flowers

Horseymum2015 Thu 01-Dec-16 13:30:21

Thank you smile I'm sooooo happy!

froglou Thu 01-Dec-16 14:31:50

When I was in the same situation(several inconclusive tests and finally a blood test to confirm!), going by my cycle, I should've been 7 weeks pregnant. I went into hospital with pains a week later and they did a scan, should've been 8 weeks, but they said I was only 6 weeks and I must've ovulated late that month. In short when I was testing I was only 5 weeks which is why they was so faint, morning sickness kicked in when I was actually 8 weeks!

Horseymum2015 Thu 01-Dec-16 22:07:31

Ohhhh, wonder if that's what I've done then hmm Either way, three tests can't be wrong can they? I've been losing my mind - I was so sure I was pregnant but the tests said not until today! I had my works Christmas party on Tuesday and after a negative test on Sunday I over indulged on prosecco blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now