Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Reheated borlotti beans - safe or not?

(6 Posts)
Vida32 Sat 26-Nov-16 12:06:47

I'm 17 weeks with my first and have already had one stomach bug a couple of weeks ago + bad morning sickness throughout and am keen to avoid anything at all dodgy. Just realised that on the tin of borlotti beans from the stew I made on Thursday it says 'Do not reheat once cooled'. The rest of the stew is in the fridge and I was hoping to eat it tonight. Google gives conflicting answers. Should I go for it, pick out the beans (leaving just veg and macaroni) or chuck it and have something else?

PeachBellini123 Sat 26-Nov-16 12:30:00

I'm pretty easy going with food but I wouldn't risk it. Sorry.

GreedyDuck Sat 26-Nov-16 13:10:25

I happily reheat beans, and have never been ill as a result. As long as it's been refrigerated in between and you heat it up properly I would say they'll be fine. Stews always taste nicer after a couple of days.

Oysterbabe Sat 26-Nov-16 13:12:24

I'd eat it.

dementedpixie Sat 26-Nov-16 13:21:52

We reheat bean stew things and have never been ill. As dh says "boil the arse off it" when reheating it

Nan0second Sat 26-Nov-16 13:23:56

I would eat it (and give it to my toddler). Reheat throughly and enjoy smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now