Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this normal? Heart rate dropping

(6 Posts)
Nikki2ol6 Fri 25-Nov-16 13:46:36

My midwife sent me for a non stress test as I was measuring small she can easily feel my baby so on the monitor he moved and his heart rate was around 125 then bumped upto 150 but then would drop to around 105 before going back to 120-125 and did this every time he moved so the midwife at the hospital has took the piece of paper for the dr to look at so meanwhile I sit here with a cup of tea she made me in a little bay all alone!! Does anyone know of that's normal? I'm 34 weeks

Imnotacelebgetmeouttahere Fri 25-Nov-16 13:48:20

105 is a little low - it could be the monitor not picking up well - but better a doctor has a look at the entire trace as a whole for a better picture smile hope all is well ... if any issues, you're in the right place smile

2 of mine were 34 weekers and they are cheeky monkeys now

myoriginal3 Fri 25-Nov-16 13:49:25

I have absolutely no idea but you are with the experts and thus safe! Best of luck to you and baby.

Mummyme87 Fri 25-Nov-16 14:13:57

It can be normal yes. Baby's HR will vary can dramatically and have large peaks. However, no one on here can tell you your CTG is normal as we can't see it and only a qualified midwife or doctor would be able to interpret it. Hope all is okay

Becciilouisex3 Fri 25-Nov-16 14:27:47

It can be very normal. Babies don't have a consistent heartbeat like we do, it drops and peaks. Also, if baby is moving around, the monitor won't be able to detect it properly. I once had to spend 3 hours on a heart rate monitor because DS kept moving around and they couldn't get an accurate, continuous reading!

Good luck x

Nikki2ol6 Fri 25-Nov-16 17:10:53

Ok so it's believed my baby was squishing his cord when jumping around and because the heart rate didn't stay down for more than 15 seconds they are happy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now