Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How do you calculate luteal phase

(3 Posts)
jessicamoorex Thu 24-Nov-16 22:08:01

Hello wonderful ladies. So I have a question. If you can work out when your lh surge is with an ovulation predictor kit and you know when your period is due, is everyone working out their luteal phase starting from the lh surge because it's supposed to start from ovulation but I don't see how you can be sure when this is if an egg is released from between 12-48 hours after lh surge. Am I over thinking it?

I would really appreciate some help

Xxx

SansaClegane Thu 24-Nov-16 22:17:34

You do need to pinpoint your ovulation day to calculate luteal phase. I'd suggest temping as the easiest and most reliable way to do this, you can also combine it with opks!

SansaClegane Thu 24-Nov-16 22:19:32

If you want in-depth guidance, I'd recommend the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility"; I think it's really useful to know about your menstrual cycle and hormones anyway, but it's especially good when you're ttc!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now