Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnancy after miscarriage

(11 Posts)
SAMlady Thu 24-Nov-16 20:20:11

Hi all, I keep looking online for encouragement - I'm 40 and 7 weeks 2 days pregnant with my first.
Sadly I suffered two miscarriages this year, both before 5 weeks so have been really on edge - scrutinising symptoms/lack of, knicker checking and being quite subdued about it all. I've done a pg test every day, sometimes two, convinced that I'll have a missed mc. It's such a shame that mc has this effect. I have an early scan next week so keeping hope alive until then.
Looking at other experiences online is really helping - can usually find a positive outcome for every ailment and symptom which does help so much to allay fears and know that pretty much every symptom can come or go at any stage and still lead to a successful pregnancy.
Anyone with a positive message would be really appreciated - thank you

Jellybean91 Thu 24-Nov-16 20:31:52

Hello!
I sadly miscarried on the 31st December (happy new year, right?!).
I became pregnant again in May, and I'm now almost 30weeks! I was petrified of miscarrying again, and like yourself, was checking my pants constantly, wouldn't stop worrying about it. I still get a bit worried to this day, but I just want to say try not to worry too much! It's entirely possible to not miscarry, and I'm wishing you all the best with your pregnancy xxx

BreatheDeep Thu 24-Nov-16 20:39:28

I had a mmc with my first pregnancy in 2012. I now have a 3 year old and am expecting no.2 any day now.
With my mmc my morning sickness didn't stop until after the scan when it was discovered at 12 weeks. With my 3 year old my morning sickness stopped at 9 - 10 weeks. With my current pregnancy morning sickness stopped at 14-15 weeks. So symptoms were different with each.
I fretted about every scan after the mmc but they were all fine.

SAMlady Thu 24-Nov-16 20:53:37

Thank you both, wishing you both the best in your pregnancies. Thanks for the encouraging words.
Morning sickness hasn't really started for me, felt queasy a few times, getting full and off my food really quickly - hopefully that's good!

Badgerbird Thu 24-Nov-16 23:06:58

Congratulations sam!!

Exciting and nerve-wracking news eh! I turned 39 last month and have had 2 MMC in the 9 months leading upto this pregnancy. I'm 14 weeks tomorrow. smile Never made it this far before and mainly feeling quite positive. I've had 3 scans and harmony test already. It's scary, I won't lie but we just have to hope for the best and remember that most pregnancies turn out well smile

Good luck and keep talking if you are worried and need support smile

Hobbitch Fri 25-Nov-16 10:36:53

Congrats Sam. I'm in the same boat, pregnant with my second child after an early miscarriage in Sept. I'm 5+5 and already feel sick and shattered. Glad to have symptoms even though I know they're not foolproof. I can't feel happy yet. Just keeping everything crossed. It doesn't help that my 1st pregnancy ended in a missed miscarriage at 20 weeks. I felt really lucky when my son was born. I'd love to give him a sibling but pregnancy is a minefield to me.

Let's support each other and hope this time we end up with healthy babies! When are you due? Good luck with the early scan. I have one next week too, so nerve-wracking.

gingernut0106 Fri 25-Nov-16 15:56:47

Hi Sam
I am also 40 and 7 weeks plus 4. I had a miscarriage 2 years ago with my last pregnancy and have been super paranoid about miscarriage, especally after I had quite a heavy bleed at just 5 weeks. I assumed the worst and went to the doctors and was referred for a scan. That was last Friday and I saw a tiny flickering heartbeat which was really special. I'm still worried about the posibility of a miscarriage but more confident than I was. Trying to decide whether to go for a private scan before the 10 - 12 week one.

Helbelle75 Fri 25-Nov-16 16:04:04

HIya, I'm 41 had a mmc in May of this year at 10.5.
I found myself pregnant again in July and am now 20 weeks. It has been worrying but I'm trying to stay positive.
We went for an early scan at 10 weeks and it was the best day of my life, to see that little heart beat.
I've had relatively few symptoms this time - constant exhaustion (but I'm a teacher, so fairly normal) and sore boobs, a bit of nausea at the beginning. All indications so far are that baby is fine.
Congratulations!

Heirhelp Fri 25-Nov-16 16:13:13

It is a terrifying situation to be in. I had a Mc and then got pregnant again with 6 months. In my second pregnancy I had random bright red bleeding which was heavier than Mc. The result of my second pregnancy is currently snoring on me.

I hope things go well.

GreedyDuck Sat 26-Nov-16 08:31:09

Hi, I had a mmc in 2013, then got pregnant again the following year (also at 40). The first trimester was pretty stressful, made more so by the fact that I didn't get even a whisper of morning sickness or nausea, in fact I felt fine. But, sure enough, there was a baby, who is now almost 2.

I'm currently 7 weeks with no. 2 and terrified all over again. But this time I feel calmer, I know an earlier scan will only reassure me temporarily, so I'm holding off as long as I can. It's not easy being zen about it all, but I just remind myself that there is very little I can do about it all at this point. For today at least, we are both pregnant.

Good luck!

Helbelle75 Sat 26-Nov-16 16:24:07

I've taken that approach this time greedyduck - every day that I am pregnant is a blessing. It's hard not to worry, but really trying not to.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now