Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Advice pls re possible miscarriage

(3 Posts)
Crispyturtle Tue 22-Nov-16 11:49:17

Just wondering what other people's experiences were of a similar scenario. Please be honest as don't want to get my hopes up too much.

According to LMP I am 7+1 today, but as my cycle is irregular and quite long, I think I'm more like 6+3.

On Saturday night I lost about a teaspoon of fresh red blood, with very mild cramps. Both the bleeding and the cramps stopped within an hour. I am now losing a little brownish discharge. No further pain.

Went to EPU this am for scan, my measurements fit in with what I think is right, but there's an area of bleeding next to the embryo which the sonographer said was a concern. No mention of heartbeat, and I forgot to ask (I am kicking myself!). I have to go back in a week for another scan.

Has anyone experienced similar? What was the outcome? I feel like there is no hope for this pregnancy. I am just so bloody disappointed, I know that sounds funny but I'd started to see my life in a different way, thinking this baby was coming, and now it's just going to be the same as it is now. Am gutted.

BertieBotts Tue 22-Nov-16 11:56:01

Sorry you're having such a worrying time sad

Unfortunately there's nothing that anybody can tell you at this stage. They just won't know without the extra piece of information which is the next scan. Have you had blood taken? That can also tell them something but again needs to be repeated.

Don't worry about heartbeat, it's probably too early to tell anyway.

Crispyturtle Tue 22-Nov-16 12:16:22

No they said they didn't need to take blood.

I know I've just got to wait, it's just so hard not knowing either way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now