Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone taken stemetil?

(3 Posts)
sparkle789 Mon 21-Nov-16 18:34:15

I've just been prescribed this for severe sickness. Has anyone had this in pregnancy, how long did it take to work?

53rdAndBird Mon 21-Nov-16 18:37:51

I took it but it didn't work very well for me, sorry. But the doctor who prescribed it said it should work within a day or two if I remember right. (There are other drugs they can switch you to if it doesn't work for you.)

Nicketynac Mon 21-Nov-16 18:41:33

I took it, works pretty fast. Main problem is if you are actually vomiting then you can just puke the stupid tablets up without them getting into your system! If that happens then ask GP for Buccastem which is same drug but a tablet that you stick to your gum and it dissolves in your mouth and gets absorbed that way.
Bird is right, there are lots of drugs that can help and if you are really unlucky you can need a combination of them ;(
Main side-effect of Stemetil is drowsiness. I was fine but some people get very sleepy. Can also cause constipation, dry eyes (long list on leaflet) but mostly if you take them longer term.
Hope they kick in soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now