Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Constant nausea

(14 Posts)
whycanineverthinkofausername Sun 20-Nov-16 23:19:37

As the title implies, I've got constant nausea atm and I can't seem to shake it, maybe for an hour but it comes back full force! Has anyone got any tried and tested methods to make it disappear or ease it? Tiaflowers

TheTartOfAsgard Sun 20-Nov-16 23:21:50

I have it too, accompanied by a raging constant hunger. Only problem is that eating makes it worse. The only thing that eases it is grapefruit or grapefruit juice.

whatminniedidnext Sun 20-Nov-16 23:33:23

I found eating made it better!! grin I ate lots in my first pregnancy.... not so much in my second as I didn't have much time to stuff my face with a young child to look after.
What trimester are you in?

whycanineverthinkofausername Sun 20-Nov-16 23:57:44

1st! I've had it from early on but it's getting unbearable at the moment. Sometimes I can stomach food, other times I can't, but eating doesn't help. sad I expected occasional nausea I didn't expect it to be a 24/7 job!

elmo1980 Mon 21-Nov-16 04:37:49

I had this in first tri it was awful so I feel your pain. I wished at the time that I would just have 'normal' morning sickness so I could throw up and at least get some relief if only for a few minutes.

In the end anti sickness bands on the wrists worked for me. Didn't get rid of it completely but it made enough of a difference to remind me of what it felt to be human again. The only other thing was just knowing that it would go eventually, and it did of course, but that's not really helpful!

NeverAShadowOfDoubt Mon 21-Nov-16 09:35:32

I had relentless nausea from week 6 to 14. Never vomited (I'm emetophobic) but the nausea was so so hard. I frequently thought I was dying I felt so ill. Im going against what the others have said....but being hungry made me so much worse! So does being tired. Sleep when you can. I used to go to my car in lunch break and close my eyes for an hour which helped me get through the afternoon at work. Foods to try.. ice lollies. I favoured lemon flavoured ones. Ready salted crisps. Chicken soup. Took me about 4 hours to eat it but it doesn't matter, always make sure youve food in your tummy. Keep drinking too. I ended up on medication which helped massively. You can do this!

arbrighton Mon 21-Nov-16 12:58:08

I too just feel queasy all the time (7 weeks now) and the tiredness is unbelievable. I didn't really expect this either- I thought I would be actually sick once in a while but not just constant nagging queasy feelings

The only thing that seems to help a little is eating a tiny bit every hour and a half or so and even that isn't reliable.

whycanineverthinkofausername Tue 22-Nov-16 02:32:19

My nausea is helped whilst eating (when I can) but a few minutes after I'm feeling sick again. Water can't even be stomached now! I'm at the '2am can't sleep & quickly need to get up and eat before you vomit' stage now. I envy people with little to no symptoms!

happydays00 Tue 22-Nov-16 02:36:00

I suffered all the way through with nausea and vomiting but found that sucking on mints/boiled sweets helped the nausea

rhodes2015 Tue 22-Nov-16 07:47:36

I'm the exact same! I've also got trapped wind constantly & raging hunger but when I go to eat I feel like gagging! Sorry no advice just flowersflowers

SharkBastard Tue 22-Nov-16 07:51:37

I feel your misery, OP. I'm 18 weeks now and still feel shit in the evenings but boy did I have horrific nausea. Had it morning, noon and night. Nothing helped! I puked every day, gagged and all smells just smelt horrific.

It started to ease a bit around 16 weeks but I still get evening sickness but not nearly as bad.

Sorry for others dealing with it, it's maddening

NickyEds Tue 22-Nov-16 07:57:13

I had constant nausea from 4-12 weeks (with occasional throwing up)and it was awful. I used to have to feed ds with a sick bowl at my feet. Things that helped were white toast and pasta, water made it worse but really cold coke was ok. If it's any consolation it literally disappeared over night.

Herecomedanotherone Tue 22-Nov-16 08:10:50

I had full blown hg with both my pregnancies. My consultant suggested boiled sweets and they really helped. As a result even now, there's always a pack of boiled sweets in the house for when people are feeling sick. Sadly, for me, the only actual cure for the sickness during pregnancy, was giving birth.

1004Rise Tue 22-Nov-16 08:23:20

I had the same OP, like you I expected a bit but not 24/7. Foods to try that worked for me - tinned pineapple and greek yogurt. I think because they have a strong taste they get rid of the horrible metallic taste I got and you only need one spoonful or a couple of pieces.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now