Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Bump at 9 weeks normal?

(7 Posts)
ciara2016 Sun 20-Nov-16 17:30:36

I'm currently 9 weeks pregnant, confirmed with an ultrasound. The first picture on the left I was around 4 weeks gone. The second photo on the right was taken this morning 9 weeks gone. Everyone I know that's had children didn't get theirs until at least 15+ weeks and mines just appeared out of nowhere! Also this is my first pregnancy.... I'm just wondering is it normal to have a bump this early on? hmm

Autumnsunshinebaby Sun 20-Nov-16 17:35:18

Yes I always have an early bump.... Lots of bloating at that stage. It might deflate a bit before you get a baby bump. Congratulations!

Hamiltoes Sun 20-Nov-16 17:35:46

I had the same, I was completely flat before and a slim 8 and started to "show" from about 8 weeks... It's not baby though, the baby is the size of a pea or something.

I did wonder about twins for a bit but I just had a rather large baby.

I measured big right to the end, by 34 weeks I was measuring 40. They gave up measuring!

Congrats on your pregnancy and best start looking for maternity jeans grin

thequeenofsandwich Sun 20-Nov-16 17:43:42

I was like this. In fact the first time I saw midwife she referred me for an early scan because she thought either my dates were wrong or it was twins. Nope , just one large beautiful baby

ciara2016 Sun 20-Nov-16 17:45:15

Good to hear it's not just me lol. My diet hasn't changed at all I've always had quite a healthy diet so I can't understand why my stomach has just popped out like this shock yes maternity clothes are definitely on the to do list sometime very soon haha. Thanks ladies! X

GrumpySausage Sun 20-Nov-16 18:03:59

Yes I had an early bump. At 10 weeks my hairdresser guessed I was pregnant even though I was wearing a fairly baggy t shirt.
As a PP said there's also a lot of bloating at this stage. My bump steadied off and then popped out again at 20 weeks.

Foggymist Sun 20-Nov-16 18:53:22

It's bloating, nothing to do with diet, hormones slow your digestion. It'll go down again in a few weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now