Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Depressed and baby due on Tuesday

(5 Posts)
HormonalWreck88 Sat 19-Nov-16 22:33:09

How much stress can one person take? I can't take anymore. Really uncomfortable in family home not getting on with stepdad he enjoys winding me up I snapped this evening and called him a fucking dickhead i lock myself away in my room.
All my friends are far away babies dad left me and met someone else 4 weeks after we found out I'm pregnant. Scared I'm going to be a shit mum and my son will end up dead or on heroin like my brothers. I had a lovely job and home but all went wrong when I got pregnant because of my ex. My car is fucked and is going to cost me £800! I feel like having my baby and leaving him in hospital and running away. Sounds dramatic but the thought of bringing my son up around this mess terrifies me. I just want my old life back before I met my ex I had a lovely flat and went out for nice meals with friends after work and went shopping on my lunch for clothes. Now I'm broke on maternity pay living in a shitty room around my messed up family everyday and about to be sleep deprived.
Tell me this will get better please or is my life ruined now.

Desmondo2016 Sun 20-Nov-16 21:08:35

Sorry you havent had any replies. Your depression sounds at a dangerous level. Please promise me you will see a GP or your midwife tomorrow as a priority. Show them what you've written here. Promise Me?

ListenToYourHeart Sun 20-Nov-16 21:37:26

That sounds a awful situation to be in.

Speak to your GP/midwife about how you're feeling and the current situation you are living in.

They may be even able to help point you In The right direction of sorting your own accommodation.

Hairyhat Mon 21-Nov-16 10:18:56

I hope you've been to see a rl professional. I know from experience that your son will change your life for the better. All children do! You sound like a loving and caring person and that's what being a good mum is about. You will be a great mum, you are already thinking of him and that's great. It will be hard at times but so so worth it

Andbabymakesthree Mon 21-Nov-16 10:26:55

You had a nice life before and you can again.

Firstly look at the practical aspects. Housing, finances and transport.

Housing- speak to shelter about your housing options before you approach council to get in list. Help with deposit / bond.

Finances. What is your income? Claim child tax credits, child benefit and maintenance from ex ( access and maintenance are not linked remember)

Transport. Do you need a car?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now