Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Induction on Monday - Questions

(7 Posts)
Symmplythebest Fri 18-Nov-16 21:48:10

Hello

I am getting induced on Monday at 40+2 due to our little girl having a heart condition that will require surgery.

We are booked in for 9.30 pm at Liverpool Women's.

I am anxious as this is my first baby and I really don't know what to expect.

I wanted to know if my partner is able to stay with me for the whole process or will he be sent home and told to come back he following morning once visiting hours begin again.

Also has anyone else been induced at Liverpool Women's and if so what was your experience?

Thank you in advance smile

sjj257 Fri 18-Nov-16 22:33:06

I haven't been induced at that particular hospital but I'm fairly sure at my hospital they only get sent home in the evening if you are still on the antenatal ward. If you have gone into active labour before then then they will move you to delivery suite where he won't be made to go home.

sjj257 Fri 18-Nov-16 22:35:17

Sorry just read your post again. I thought it said a.m.!

I've been induced twice in the evenings, both times he had to go home once I had had the gel to induce me and settled for the evening. First time round I didn't need to go up to delivery suite until the morning so they called him then. Second time around it was faster so they phoned him around 2am to come back.

Christmasbaby16 Sun 20-Nov-16 18:26:05

Why don't you ring them and ask the protocol as really they should have explained this to you. They won't I mind you calling to ask and would prefer that than you worrysmile
Good luck for tomorrowflowers

Symmplythebest Mon 21-Nov-16 01:42:16

No need to call I'm already here contracting. Didn't need inducing in the end. Im 6cm now and loving life on the gas and air!

Thank you lovely ladies for the advice smilesmilesmile

Trytowin Mon 21-Nov-16 02:59:28

Didn't want to leave you unanswered with that update! Woohoo hope everything is going well and good luck!

Nikki2ol6 Mon 21-Nov-16 07:42:46

Good luck! My baby also has a heart condition which will require 2 surgerys. I hope all goes as well as it possibly can x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now