Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnecare plus side effects

(10 Posts)
Johno85 Thu 17-Nov-16 19:19:41

Hi all. I've been on folic acid and vitamin d for over a year since ttc. Will be 7 weeks tomorrow. Last weekend and this week I've had such awful stomach cramps- excuse tmi but like when you have wind or need to open your bowels. It's much worse when my stomach is empty and I'm generally feeling hungry more anyway. Last Sunday it was so bad I thought I was going to throw up. No spotting or anything like that. Am eating my normal good diet and the only difference (other than being preggo 🙊) is the pregnecare. I've read that it can have odd side effects so I've decided to try a week of just vitamin d, folic acid and fish oil. So far it's a little better but the cramps did come today and lasted about 30 minutes. Any words of wisdom or someone in a similar pickle.....(yum pickle!)

panad317 Thu 17-Nov-16 19:22:51

I stopped taking the pregnacare as they made me sick. I took folic acid for the 1st 12 weeks and nothing else throughout. Are you taking them the right time, with food (I think!)?

Johno85 Thu 17-Nov-16 19:24:59

Hey 🐼. Yeh I normally take them with breakie which is porridge so fairly substantial. I guess time will tell.

5tardusty Thu 17-Nov-16 19:25:15

I felt sick when i took pregnacare on an empty stomach. It's best to take it with food- i've had no side effects that way

Nottalotta Thu 17-Nov-16 19:58:08

They made me horrendously constipated
You don't need to take them. I take the combined folic acid and vitamin d.

PinkSwimGoggles Thu 17-Nov-16 19:59:04

I took them in the evenings.

rhodes2015 Thu 17-Nov-16 20:07:41

Hi johno, I'm nearly 8weeks, only taking folic acid but I hav still had really bad wind with cramps, bloating and constipation blush for about 2weeks. Maybe it's just the stage of pregnancy we are at?

Johno85 Fri 18-Nov-16 12:47:06

Hey Rhodes. cheers for the comment. I think you're right- I've been off the pregnecare this whole week and has awful cramps again today. I'm just praying this isn't the norm for the rest of the pregnancy. Hard not to say something when I'm doubled over at work!

CuriosityDoor Fri 18-Nov-16 13:20:59

I started using Pregnecare but after reading some reviews I switched to the Boots own brand. They contain ginger which also helps with morning sickness and are cheaper!

I had awful cramps for the first few weeks after finding out I was pregnant. It will calm down and stop happening soon, it's just your uterus preparing for its lodger. Warm (not hot) baths and back rubs helped me. Hope you feel better!

Johno85 Fri 18-Nov-16 18:37:03

Thanks everyone for your messages. Still having the cramps but not as bad as last week so all good

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now