Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What could be up with my legs / back.......

(8 Posts)
Nikki2ol6 Thu 17-Nov-16 17:49:45

I'm 33 weeks and for a couple of days my back has been having pains across the bottom and in the night when I wake to pee my legs don't Seam to work and I almost fall over but once Iv taken quite a few steps I'm steady. It's the same during the day but only if I have walked a lot then sat down for a while and try to get back up my legs hurt badly my lower back hurts and my legs won't work properly!!! I don't see my midwife until next week. Does anyone know what is going on?

mumonashoestring Thu 17-Nov-16 17:54:20

Muscles swelling and pressing on nerves would be my guess - and if the nerve's compressed it'll hurt, and it won't receive messages from the brain as efficiently, hence the 'legs not working' feeling.

sweetchilli77 Thu 17-Nov-16 18:41:04

weren't you the lady who complained of headaches the other day? You was worried about preeclampsia? Did you not manage to speak to anyone then?

TerriB84 Thu 17-Nov-16 18:54:46

Sounds like it might be sciatic pain. I've been having this since about 26 weeks and it happens to me when I first stand up after a period of sitting. It's definitely worse too if I've been sitting with poor posture.

MollyHuaCha Thu 17-Nov-16 19:10:12

I suggest you call your midwife or doctor's surgery for advice. If it's nothing important, you will have peace of mind. If it's something important you can get it diagnosed and treated. Good luck.

Nikki2ol6 Thu 17-Nov-16 19:17:00

Yes I did have headaches but my blood pressure and urine are all fine. I did not mention my legs because it's only been yesterday and today. Could it be because my baby has moved down perhaps and putting a lot of pressure down there? My last baby didn't engage until well into labour and I didn't have this pain. My GP is closed now but can call in the morning

mumonashoestring Thu 17-Nov-16 21:22:37

That is possible - towards the end of my pregnancy with DS I could tell whether he had moved to the left or right by seeing which leg went numb while I was waiting for the train confused

Saku Thu 17-Nov-16 23:49:33

Same back and leg pain here .. 34w with 2nd one... was feeling like leg freezed with pain.. and lots of varicose veins in legs..
I tried one of the homeopathic Arnica gel ... now it helped and feel little better....
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CCC4C5I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That is water based so no greasy feeling .. it goes away... I rub it on back and bottoms before going to sleep

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now