Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

blood at 6+3 - what do i do?

(9 Posts)
amIUTD Wed 16-Nov-16 14:15:05

Hi everyone
Sorry for TMI, but i've just got some blood and am slightly panicking. I know miscarriages are really common this early on. What am i supposed to do? I haven't even had my booking in yet. Are you supposed to just wait and see, or try and get a doctor's appointment? Sorry, this is my first time and google doesn't seem to give me any answers accept "it might be fine don't panic"
Any practical advice gratefully received

MrsCW86 Wed 16-Nov-16 15:22:34

Hi amIUTD, I would call your doctor and they might be able to get you in. I have been in your position and the GP was able to get me referred for an early scan to see what was going on. Hope everything goes ok for you flowers

amIUTD Wed 16-Nov-16 15:36:01

thanks Mrs. trying to get through now, but constantly engaged.

BowiesJumper Wed 16-Nov-16 15:49:24

When it happened to me at around the same stage I had a phone consultation with my doctor (didn't need to go in) and they made a referral to the early pregnancy unit for a scan (I think it was the next day). I was spotting quite a lot and then had a couple of gushes which were a bit heavier. There was no reason that they could see and the baby was fine, but the scan was reassuring!

MrsCW86 Thu 17-Nov-16 07:39:46

Did you manage to get through in the end OP?

Twinnypops Fri 18-Nov-16 14:42:18

I had spotting and abdominal pain every few days for the first 8 weeks. I was referred to the early pregnancy assessment unit and everything was normal (other than finding out that there was two in there!). Bleeding can be a sign of an ectopic pregnancy, so best to get checked out x

amIUTD Sun 20-Nov-16 09:34:05

Hello ladies, thanks for all your reassurances but sadly this was an early
Miscarriage.

ConvincingLiar Sun 20-Nov-16 10:49:14

Sorry to hear that. Look after yourself flowers

MrsCW86 Mon 21-Nov-16 19:15:31

Sorry to hear that - really hope you're as ok as can be, make sure you look after yourself flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now