Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

12 week wait after mmc in June. Private scan

(9 Posts)
Ml1091 Wed 16-Nov-16 11:01:46

I had a mmc in June at 10+4 and I am very worried about my wait to 12 weeks. I got a letter from the hospital for my scan 5th Jan at 12 weeks and I have decided I cannot wait all over Christmas and New Year not knowing.

I don't know whether I should wait until around 10 weeks when my pregnancy ended last time. Or maybe I should wait until 8 weeks so I can not stress so much.

Any ideas?

Ml1091 Wed 16-Nov-16 11:04:45

I forgot to add - I don't know when I should be getting symptoms. But I am 4+6 and I feel fine. Other than tiredness and bloating

fuzzywuzzy Wed 16-Nov-16 11:08:08

Have you discussed your understandable anxiety with anyone? Speak to your GP or midwife, I was monitored right the was thro my first trimester due to repeat early MC's the last being a MMC also.

The EPAU at our hospital did fortnightly scans from six weeks till ten weeks, then I had my twelve week scan as normal.

Speak to your EPAU if you can self refer to them.

I totally understand the anxiety, I was a mess each time I had a scan as I was convinced things would go wrong.

Good luck and congratulations on your pregnancy.

LuchiMangsho Wed 16-Nov-16 11:10:24

I got pregnant after a MMC. I had a scan at 7 weeks and saw a heartbeat. The doctor did tell me that the chances of a miscarriage are reduced once you have seen a heartbeat, and the heartbeat is in the range of what it should be and the foetus looks to be of the correct gestation. Even for pregnancies that end in a MMC, it is possible an earlier scan would have detected things not going according to plan, so it is never a bad idea to get one. Even if it is for your peace of mind.

GinIceAndASlice Wed 16-Nov-16 11:15:30

Good advice from Fuzzywuzzy.

If thats not available in your area I think I would want a private reassurance scan sooner rather than later. It costed £60 but that was some years ago and money well spent. Also some private clinics do packages of a number of scans throughout your pregnancy which works out cheaper per scan.

Good luck x

Helbelle75 Wed 16-Nov-16 12:36:48

We had a mmc in May of this year and I found out I was pregnant again in July.
We went for a reassurance scan at 10 weeks, and it was wonderful to hear the heartbeat and see our little one moving around.
I'm now 19 weeks, no scan until 21 weeks and it feels like forever between the 12 week and this next one!
Hope all goes well for you this time.

Nikki2ol6 Wed 16-Nov-16 12:39:19

I paid £99 for my scan at what I thought was 8+5 but they dated me 9+1. My tiny baby was moving around it was amazing. After this I used my Doppler a couple of times a week. That helped me until my 12week scan but he vomiting was enough to make me believe he was ok In there. But then the next scary bit is when the symptoms vanish after week 12 and you have no bump and don't feel movement yet..... that's a time I worried too so again I would use my Doppler.

white66 Wed 16-Nov-16 12:57:17

I had a mmc at 10 weeks, when I fell pregnant after I had a private scan at 8+3, like you it was over the Xmas/new year period so had one day before Xmas eve to check as o couldn't wait the extra. Speak to your GP about early EPU scan, in my area they only do one for reccurrant miscarriages and I didn't qualify as I only had the one. It really helped my anxiety and was well worth the £100

Ml1091 Wed 16-Nov-16 15:51:48

Thank you. I will definitely get one. Maybe just before Christmas to put my mind at ease

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now