Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

33 weeks and experiencing awful pelvic pain

(5 Posts)
katelewis320 Wed 16-Nov-16 09:17:09

Hello,

This is just a moan really as have been experiencing awful pelvic pain for a couple of days that spreads to my lower back as well. It's right on my panty line and feels like a constant ache. I literally shuffled to work this morning and find it especially painful when I get up after sitting at my desk.

I know that's it's possibly quite normal to have these aches and pains but wondered if there was anyway to relieve it. Not sure if I need to sit or walk to ease it!

Laura05 Wed 16-Nov-16 10:08:52

Hi I can completely sympathise! I'm currently pg with dc3 and I've had aches and pains since 7weeks! I'm currently 23weeks and see a reflexologist and a physio. They're kind of helping but I'm afraid there's no cure for it and it only gets worse and the pregnancy progresses (sucks eh?!)

My local hospital does info sessions at the physio department which goes through different exercises and the dos and don't don'ts. You could speak to your midwife and see if she'll refer you?

I also seen my gp who prescribed co-codomol to try take the edge off.

At the moment I feel like I've been booted between the legs by a steel capped boot! And with working on my feet and running about after 2dc it's a massive struggle.

Best advice I can give is don't sit or stand for too long. I find gentle pacing tends to ease it off so that it's manageable. Definitely speak to your mw if you're struggling flowers

Bella1985 Wed 16-Nov-16 10:20:25

kate you could be me! 33 weeks and the same description, pain on the bottom of the pubic bone and transition from sitting to standing in work is a nightmare. I've taken a soft cushion in, tried elevating legs, place feet on a box, but nothing seems to help much.

MW & consultant wasn't much help so I've booked to see a chiropractor privately...have had 1 treatment and was pain free for 4 hours but then it slowly came back. I have my 2nd treatment tomorrow so will update if it seems to improve any further. It's expensive but I was at my wits end and having a couple of hours pain free is making a huge difference to me mentally. Luckily we only have 6 weeks to go till due date so hopefully not too long left in this painful state...flowers

babyblabber Wed 16-Nov-16 10:25:51

Do you have a serola belt? I'm 28 weeks with DC4 and literally can't stand up for more than 5 minutes without my belt in the last week.

If you don't have one get one asap as they really help. Be careful getting in and out of the car/bed, keep your knees together. Also try and get to a physio and see if they can help at all. I'm doing Pilates and find I feel much better for a few days after the class and am dying for it when the week is up.

Bella1985 Wed 23-Nov-16 08:48:43

Just an update from me- had my 2nd chiropractor appt last Thursday and it was much more painful than the first and I didn't experience the joy of 4hrs pain free time like the first time round <sobs> however, the general pain went down significantly, so much so that I started sleeping much better and could turn in bed without shooting pains in the front of the pubic bone. I also had a really busy weekend of sorting, shopping and cleaning the house which I managed mostly pain free and my waddle has been reduced to a walk, especially in work when getting up after being sat for a while.

Sadly on Sunday night I moved my leg to a crossed leg type position when I was asleep (to get my hot thigh out from under the duvet to cool down iyswim) and I woke up to excrutiating pain in my pubic bone which kept me awake for most of Sunday and Monday night. Had another chiropractor session last night and again, didn't feel the miraculous recovery like first time but the pain in bed has gone from a 9/10 to a 2/10 and I slept really well last night! I'm really glad I didn't listen to friends advice to cancel the chiropractor as he's really made a difference to me. DH and I realised the other night that I'm putting on my own socks and shoes since seeing the chiro - I can actually lift my leg enough without searing pain in my groin to get that done!

He did say I had mild SPD so maybe I've been lucky, but I don't regret going to a chiropractor for a second, I'm lucky enough to be able to afford one right now and the small victories (see above socks and shoes!) are making these last few weeks of pregnancy so much more bearable and dare I say it, enjoyable!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now