Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

stemetil for mornimg sickness?

(7 Posts)
millyhopemum Tue 15-Nov-16 19:58:20

Hi guys.
This is my first pregnancy (im 4 weeks) and so pretty new to this.
Before i found i was pregnant i was taking stemetil for this occasional vertigo i was having.
As soon as i fell pregnant i stopped taking it as it said it could be harmful, mainly in the third trimester.
But the last 3 days i have been feeling dizzy and nauseous. I called the doctor and he said it was fine to use the stemetil while i felt sick and suggested its morning sickness rather than my vertigo.
Can i get bad morning sickness this early? and did anyone take stemetil for it? im still wary taking it because of possible side effects.
xx

SecondSunrise Tue 15-Nov-16 20:33:27

I took stemetil throughout my pregnancy, it was one of the major factors that allowed me to eat during hyperemesis. My little girl is nearly five and completely healthy. And yes, sickness can crop up very early. Congratulations!

millyhopemum Tue 15-Nov-16 20:39:06

Thank you so much. I feel better knowing someone else took it and all is fine smile
I'll start it again in the morning smile

togetherlikeglue Tue 15-Nov-16 21:43:36

I took it too, in both my pregnancies. It was the only way I could keep any food in me so it was safer for the babies to take it than not.

Congratulations!!

SpeckledyBanana Tue 15-Nov-16 21:47:03

Not during pregnancy, but I was given it while BFing DD, and was reassured it was safe (I also checked it out with the wonderful Wendy from the Drugs in Breastmilk Helpline, and she said it was ok too).

TallulahTheTiger Tue 15-Nov-16 21:49:30

Stemetil was one of the many, many anti-emetics I took during PG. (Including monthly admissions ending up on ivs) Our LB is now 4 months old and a wee trooper!

millyhopemum Tue 15-Nov-16 22:42:02

thanks guys smile so relieved to know so many have taken it. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now