Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sooooo tired at 33weeks

(11 Posts)
Nikki2ol6 Tue 15-Nov-16 13:55:20

Every afternoon I'm almost falling asleep after my lunch! All the way through my pregnancy I have felt OK and not so tired. It the last few days is really bad. I'm up 3 times to pee during the night so I guess that's not helping at all!! Anyone else at this stage and feel exhausted?

Parney Tue 15-Nov-16 20:08:28

I'm 33 weeks as well and right with you! Finding it very difficult to sleep at night with the constant toilet runs I'm struggling to get back to sleep, then I'm exhausted all day. I can only imagine it gets worse!!! I'm due January 1st, you must be similar?

Andbabymakesthree Tue 15-Nov-16 20:10:32

Also due new years day. Baby no 3. Child no 5. Last few days exhaustion has hit and pregnancy insomnia started!!

Trulyamnearanear Tue 15-Nov-16 20:12:26

So bad. I'm a few weeks behind you but I told the midwife and she sent me to the gp. I've got some safe in pregnancy drowsy side effects tablets to help me get back to sleep when I wake and was offered support for dealing with it. Just started the tablets so I'll see how they work.
I'm in an open plan office so can't sleep at work but probably would if I could

TinyHumanJan17 Tue 15-Nov-16 21:24:42

horrendously exhausted! im 32w and have struggled for quite a while... i ended up finishing work at 30w as i was struggling to get through a 4 hour shift without needing a nap! i try and schedule in a nap everyday, normally early afternoon. i can be up anywhere from 1 to 7 times a night for a wee and always struggle to get back to sleep so i tend to read until i drop off. its horrible i know... i just keep thinking not much longer to go!

Nikki2ol6 Tue 15-Nov-16 21:53:09

I'm due around 3rd Jan. And yes I wake up to pee then can't get back to sleep either the my partners alarm at 6:20 😩.

Bella1985 Tue 15-Nov-16 22:39:23

I'm 33 weeks (due 30th Dec) and am the same- up 3-4 times a night to pee, SPD wakes me a couple more times when I need to turn over. However, at my 28 week blood test they did find my iron levels low and since taking ferrous sulphate that has improved the exhaustion and I simply feel tired now rather than drained. It's worth raising it with your MW to check your iron levels. I find it surprising how few hours sleep I can function on. Oh for 6 hours straight of sleep though...!

Parney Wed 16-Nov-16 05:24:32

Tonight was a good night, only up once!!! Went to bed later than normal in an attempt to tire myself out! I'd second the iron supplements, feel better during the day but still fired! Midwife recommended ferrograd c.

Nikki2ol6 Wed 16-Nov-16 07:08:30

I didn't wake up to pee at all last night!

Parney Wed 16-Nov-16 07:45:25

Talking about it must help!!!

PberryT Wed 16-Nov-16 07:48:28

I second the iron check. I had low iron at 28 weeks and could barely make it through the day. Been on tablets for 2 weeks and I'm like a different woman.

The peeing however I haven't found a cure for!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now