Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

MATB1 Form

(5 Posts)
imisschocolate Mon 14-Nov-16 19:07:11

Hi

I'm 29 weeks and haven't been given this by the midwife (didn't know I needed one and work haven't asked for it).

Is this normal?

Thanks

dementedpixie Mon 14-Nov-16 19:11:41

I would ask your midwife for it soon. It is given any time after 20 weeks. Your work will need it to organise your maternity pay so I'd get it sorted out fairly quickly

BeccaSays Mon 14-Nov-16 22:30:11

Most employers need the cert 15 weeks before your due date. However, if they haven't pushed you for it I doubt it's worth worrying about, but I'd call tomorrow for it. It's taken 3 weeks to get hold of my midwife via my GP to get one organised!!

middlings Mon 14-Nov-16 22:31:57

I didn't get given it either time - had to ask for it. I'd ask for it sooner rather than later

imisschocolate Thu 17-Nov-16 13:36:31

Hi. Employers are aware of when i intend to finish and are happy with it. Finally got hold of midwife team and have app tomorrow afternoon. Apparently they only give it if it is asked for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now