Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

PGP and mat leave.

(4 Posts)
SquedgieBeckenheim Mon 14-Nov-16 13:56:29

I'm 22 weeks now, and really suffering with PGP (had it in last pregnancy and it's worse already than it ever got before). I stopped work at 34 weeks last time when I was admitted with pre eclampsia!
I've been to physio, they were useless. Due to see another physio for second opinion on Thursday.
My employer wants to know maternity leave dates, I feel it is a reasonable request, but I just don't know! I want to work as long as I can, and only do 2 days a week, so I should be able to keep going really! However with this pain I don't know how long I feasibly can go on for.
My job isn't particularly strenuous, but there's a lot of position changing - getting up and down every few minutes.
If you had PGP, when did you start mat leave?

Pocketsizedpixie Mon 14-Nov-16 14:01:37

I was in a similar position, and went for a later mat date, as my midwife/gp assured me that if my PGP got unbearable before then they would sign me off sick. I didn't want to commit to finishing work if I actually felt fine. If it's any consolation mine stopped getting any worse at about 32 weeks...

idontlikealdi Mon 14-Nov-16 14:05:39

I got signed off by the doctor at 24 weeks as I literally couldn't walk or manage the commute (hour and a half, train and tube). I had mat leave booked from 32 weeks (was booked in for CS at 35 weeks) which in the end got brought forward anyway as DTs turned up at 31 weeks.

Physio was absoluley useless for me, the osteopath did however manage to get me semi-mobile for the last few weeks.

SquedgieBeckenheim Mon 14-Nov-16 14:40:25

Thanks for your replies. I'm leaning towards going off at 37 weeks but taking 2 weeks annual leave so actually stopping at 35 weeks. Just thought that might be too late. I suppose I can always go off sick before then if needed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now