Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this the beginning

(5 Posts)
Symmplythebest Sun 13-Nov-16 22:49:11

Hello

I am 39 + 1 and for the last couple of hours have had mild/moderate mid back pain and some mild period cramps. I'm also having hot flushes and have a blocked stuffy nose.

I am in bed now after taking a couple of paracetamol and drinking a load of water.

Past week or so baby has been very active from early evening with a lot of pressure and movement.

Is this the beginning of labour? FTM so not sure what to expect!

Thank you!

WickerHearts Mon 14-Nov-16 10:05:04

I'm also 39 weeks and been wondering if things are starting for 3 days now...
I've had lots of braxton hicks (or actual contractions, I'm not sure!) period pain type feeling on and off and feeling a fair amount of pressure...like I need to poo/pass wind- sorry, TMI blush

Sorry I'm no help in answering your question as this is my first too, but can sympathise with the not knowing xx

Rubberduck2 Mon 14-Nov-16 10:14:51

How you getting on OP? I hope it's the start for you, I am sat her getting desperate now and still have a week and a half till due date!

Raines100 Mon 14-Nov-16 10:18:32

Sounds more like a cold tbh!

Hang in there, OP. If the cramping is labour, it will get a whole lot worse and come and go every few minutes, you'll have a show, etc, etc- you know the drill.

The waiting is torturous, I know. My last DC was late, and I turned temporarily bat shit after my due date grin

symmslilbump Mon 14-Nov-16 11:00:38

No it's all stopped, even the blocked nose! confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now